Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Happy Feast of St. Blaise, Bishop and Martyr! Read on for details on:
- Save the Date: Saturday 3/25/23: 2nd Semi-Annual National Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
- Time Change: Saturdays at *9* a.m.: DC Rosary Rally
- This Weekend: Saturday 2/4/23: First Saturday Pilgrimage
- Gauging Interest: Chartres Pentecost Pilgrimage – ALMS Chapter – 5/27-30/23
- ALMS Fellowship
Saturday, March 25, 2023: 2nd Semi-Annual National Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
- After the great success of the first Summorum Pilgrimage in September, and mindful that the present restrictions on the TLM can never be allowed to become the New Normal, we have decided to make the Pilgrimage a semi-annual occurrence.
- Save the date! The 2nd Summorum Pilgrimage will take place on the Feast of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Saturday, March 25, 2023 – a providential contradiction to the Arlington diocese's restrictions that took effect on the Feast of the Nativity of Mary last year.
- We will begin with Terce at 8:30 a.m. at St. Thomas More Cathedral in Arlington, process from there to St. Matthew Cathedral in Washington (approx. 5 miles, 2-3 hours), and conclude by praying Sext.
- Please help us plan by RSVP'ing here: tinyurl.com/summorum-rsvp. An accurate headcount will help us ensure we have enough materials and transportation.
- You can donate to help defray the costs of this event here: givesendgo.com/tlmpilgrimage2
- Further details will be announced as we approach the day. In the meantime, please share the date and RSVP link with your friends and family – we're hoping to draw an even larger turnout than last month's pilgrimage!
- Full details available on the Summorum Pilgrimage website: www.tlmpilgrimage.com
TIME CHANGE: Saturdays at *9* AM: Weekly DC Rosary Rally for the Latin Mass
- This Saturday and every Saturday, join us at the Apostolic Nunciature for a Rosary Rally for the Latin Mass.
- We will pray the Holy Rosary in Latin, punctuated by appropriate hymns between the mysteries.
- Location: Apostolic Nunciature of the Holy See, 3339 Massachusetts Ave, Washington, DC
- There is plentiful, free street parking on 34th St NW, adjacent to the Nunciature.
- Let us know you're coming: Facebook event here
- (Please note: The DC Rosary Rally is held even when there is a First Saturday Pilgrimage on the same day.)
This Weekend: First Saturday Pilgrimage (Feb. 4., Mar. 4, etc.)
- Interested in doing the Chartres pilgrimage next year, and looking for a group to go with and train with?
- Love Catholic devotional pilgrimages?
- Consider joining us for First Saturday pilgrimages!
- The next one is this Saturday, February 4, 2023.
- It's a great way to revive Catholic tradition, deepen your faith and prayer life, and stay (or get) in shape.
- Let us know you're coming: Facebook event here
Gauging Interest: Chartres Pentecost Pilgrimage – ALMS Chapter | May 27-30, 2023
- ALMS is organizing a chapter of the 2023 Chartres Pentecost Pilgrimage in France, organized by the Association Notre-Dame de Chrétienté ("Our Lady of Christendom").
- This pilgrimage covers approximately 60 miles over three days, May 27-30, 2023, from the Cathedral Notre-Dame de Paris to the Cathedral Notre-Dame de Chartres.
- There will be Mass every day in the traditional Roman Rite, along with plenty of opportunities to pray the Rosary, have confessions heard, sing hymns, and grow in fellowship with the more than 10,000 pilgrims who attend each year from around the world.
- Please fill out this form to express your serious interest in joining us: https://forms.gle/LGtj2RcK63EfSC8Z7
- We are in the early stages of organizing the ALMS chapter. The primary purpose of this questionnaire is to gauge interest. While not a commitment to attend, we ask that you only submit a response if you have a serious interest in joining us.
- Our local First Saturday Pilgrimages (see below) are geared towards physical and spiritual preparation for this pilgrimage – come join us!
Reminder: Join the ALMS Fellowship
- The ALMS Fellowship is a gathering of tradition-minded Catholics in and around the Arlington diocese, who come together for prayer, service, and social gatherings.
- If you are interested in joining, we have set up a Telegram chat and read-only channel for it.
- You can join the news channel via this link: t.me/latinmassarlington
- Please email us at in...@latinmassarlington.org if you would like to be added to the group chat.
- Major Fellowship events will be shared in this general ALMS newsletter. The Telegram channel is recommended to receive real-time updates.
Support ALMS as we bring you more events and speakers in the coming year!
- If you would like to support us in our mission, please consider donating through our GiveSendGo campaign.
- Visit our website at www.latinmassarlington.org
- Visit us on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Find info on the TLM at your parish:
- St. Rita of Cascia, Alexandria
- St. John the Beloved, McLean
- St. Anthony of Padua Mission, King George
- Holy Trinity, Gainesville (parishioner-run site)
- St. John the Baptist, Front Royal
- St. Patrick, Fredericksburg
- Sacred Heart of Jesus, Winchester
- St. John the Apostle, Leesburg
- Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land, Washington, DC
- Old St. John the Evangelist, Silver Spring, MD
- St. Dominic Mission, Aquasco, MD