Inaugural ALMS Newsletter | 14 October 2022

Arlington Latin Mass Society

Oct 14, 2022, 1:51:17 PM10/14/22
to Arlington Latin Mass Society
Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Welcome to the Arlington Latin Mass Society! We are incredibly grateful to have you on board our mission to preserve and promote the Traditional Latin Mass in Arlington and beyond. Now for some announcements:

Saturday, October 15, 10 AM: Weekly Rosary Rally for the Latin Mass
  • This Saturday and every Saturday, join us at the Apostolic Nunciature for a Rosary Rally for the Latin Mass.
  • We will pray the Holy Rosary in Latin, punctuated by appropriate hymns between the mysteries.
  • A gathering for brunch will follow at a nearby restaurant. This is a great opportunity to meet people and build fellowship!
  • Location: Apostolic Nunciature of the Holy See, 3339 Massachusetts Ave, Washington, DC
  • There is plentiful, free street parking on 34th St NW, adjacent to the Nunciature.
  • Let us know your coming: Facebook event here

Tuesday, October 18, 6:30 PM: Schneider/Kwasniewski/Montagna Panel Discussion
  • Sophia Institute Press will be hosting a panel discussion between Bishop Athanasius Schneider, Dr. Peter Kwasniewski, and Diane Montagna on +Schneider's latest book, The Catholic Mass: Steps to Restore the Centrality of God in the Liturgy.
  • Please RSVP here to attend.
  • Copies of The Catholic Mass will be available for purchase.
  • Location: Crystal Gateway Marriott, 1700 Richmond Hwy, Arlington, VA

Wednesday, October 19, 7 PM: Spiritual Symposium on Blessed Karl
  • The Emperor Karl League of Prayer is sponsoring a Spiritual Symposium on Blessed Karl, entitled "The Supernatural Mission of History".
  • The Symposium will be led by Bishop Athanasius Schneider, and will probe Blessed Karl's influence during the centenary of his heavenly birth.
  • The event will cost $26 to attend – please RSVP here.
  • Location: Washington Golf and Country Club, 3017 N Glebe Rd, Arlington, VA

Friday, October 21, 6 PM: Solemn Pontifical Mass for Blessed Karl w/ Bp. Schneider
  • The Emperor Karl League of Prayer is sponsoring a Solemn Pontifical Mass for the Feast of Blessed Karl, Emperor of Austria.
  • Bishop Athanasius Schneider will be the celebrant.
  • Space is extremely limited; please RSVP to attend.
  • A reception will follow. Please sign up to assist in the preparations if you are able.
  • Location: St. Thomas More Chapel, Chelsea Academy, 1190 Progress Dr, Front Royal, VA

Saturday, March 25, 2023: 2nd Semi-Annual National Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
  • After the great success of the first Summorum Pilgrimage last month, and mindful that the present restrictions on the TLM can never be allowed to become the New Normal, we have decided to make the Pilgrimage a semi-annual occurrence.
  • Save the date! The 2nd Semi-Annual Pilgrimage will take place on the Feast of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Saturday, March 25, 2023 – a providential contradiction to the Arlington diocese's restrictions that took effect on the Feast of the Nativity of Mary this year.
  • Further details will be announced as we approach the day. In the meantime, please share the date with your friends and family – we're hoping to draw an even larger turnout than last month's pilgrimage!
  • Websitewww.tlmpilgrimage.com

Reminders and logistics: