Correction – ALMS Newsletter | 23 February 2023

Arlington Latin Mass Society

Feb 23, 2023, 3:20:40 PM2/23/23
to Arlington Latin Mass Society
Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Happy Feast of St. Peter Damian, Bishop and Confessor! Read on for details on:
  • Save the Date: Saturday 3/25/23: 2nd Semi-Annual National Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
  • Thursday 3/15/23: ALMS Speaker Series: Fr. John Perricone
  • Saturdays at *9* a.m.: DC Rosary Rally
  • Saturday 3/4/23: First Saturday Pilgrimage
  • Chartres Pentecost Pilgrimage – ALMS Chapter – 5/27-30/23

Saturday, March 25, 2023: 2nd Semi-Annual National Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
  • After the great success of the first Summorum Pilgrimage in September, and mindful that the present restrictions on the TLM can never be allowed to become the New Normal, we have decided to make the Pilgrimage a semi-annual occurrence.
  • Save the date! The 2nd Summorum Pilgrimage will take place on the Feast of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Saturday, March 25, 2023.
  • We will begin with Terce at 8:30 a.m. at St. Thomas More Cathedral in Arlington, process from there to St. Matthew Cathedral in Washington (approx. 5 miles, 2-3 hours), and conclude by praying Sext.
  • Please help us plan by RSVP'ing at tinyurl.com/summorum-rsvp.
  • We need your help in ensuring that we have processional gear! Please let us know if you can bring processional crosses, statues, icons, or banners!
  • You can donate to help defray costs at givesendgo.com/tlmpilgrimage2
  • Full details available at www.tlmpilgrimage.com
  • OnePeterFive has published an article from our President, Noah Peters, about the pilgrimage. Check it out here.
summorum2-promo.jpeg

ALMS Speaker Series: Fr. John Perricone, Thursday, March 15, 7:30 p.m.
  • The next installment of the ALMS Speaker Series will feature Fr. John Perricone of the Archdiocese of Newark.
  • Father Perricone recently wrote "A Radical Proposal" for the USCCB's Eucharistic Revival, published in Crisis Magazine.
  • When: Thursday, March 15, 2023, at 7:30 p.m.
  • Where: Venue TBA

Saturdays at *9* AM: Weekly DC Rosary Rally for the Latin Mass
  • This Saturday and every Saturday, join us at the Apostolic Nunciature for a Rosary Rally for the Latin Mass.
  • We will pray the Holy Rosary in Latin, punctuated by appropriate hymns between the mysteries.
  • Location: Apostolic Nunciature of the Holy See, 3339 Massachusetts Ave, Washington, DC. Street parking available on 34th St NW, adjacent to the Nunciature.
  • Let us know you're coming: Facebook event here
  • (Please note: This is held even when there is a 1st Saturday Pilgrimage the same day)

First Saturday Pilgrimage (Mar. 4, Apr. 1, etc.)
  • Interested in doing the Chartres pilgrimage next year (see below), and looking for a group to go with and train with? Love Catholic devotional pilgrimages? Consider joining us for First Saturday pilgrimages! It's a great way to revive Catholic tradition, deepen your faith and prayer life, and stay (or get) in shape.
  • The next one is this Saturday, March 4, 2023
  • Let us know you're coming: Facebook event here
20230304-fsp-promo.png

Gauging Interest: Chartres Pentecost Pilgrimage – ALMS Chapter | May 27-29, 2023
  • ALMS is organizing a chapter of the 2023 Chartres Pentecost Pilgrimage in France, organized by the Association Notre-Dame de Chrétienté (NDC; "Our Lady of Christendom").
  • This pilgrimage covers approximately 60 miles over three days, May 27-29, 2023, from the Cathedral Notre-Dame de Paris to the Cathedral Notre-Dame de Chartres.
  • There will be Mass every day in the traditional Roman Rite, along with plenty of opportunities to pray the Rosary, have confessions heard, sing hymns, and grow in fellowship with the more than 10,000 pilgrims who attend each year from around the world.
  • Please fill out this form to express your serious interest in joining us.
  • Update: NDC has accepted our application to form a chapter. Further details will be forthcoming.

Helpful Links: