How does align the subsection?

Karla Lopez Araujo

Sep 28, 2021, 9:39:02 AM9/28/21
to LaTeX Users Group
Hi. Anybody could help me how to arrange my text as in the picture below. I want to move the entire subsection (for example 2.2.1) to the right.
Screenshot from 2021-09-28 07-45-35.png

Peter

Sep 28, 2021, 9:46:54 AM9/28/21
to LaTeX Users Group
Do you mean hierarchically indent all subsections, subsubsections, etc, with each level indented more than the parent?
I don't know any pre-written style that does this, but you could look at the Memoir and KomaScript formats, perhaps they can do it.
You might also ask on comp.text.tex which is read by more developers and experts than this group.
Let us know — it's an interesting question.

Peter

Karla Lopez Araujo

Sep 28, 2021, 1:49:46 PM9/28/21
to LaTeX Users Group
Thank you so much for your answer.
You are right. I want to know about hierarchically indent all subsections, subsubsections, etc.
You might also ask on comp.text.tex which is read by more developers and experts than this group.
I  just made the question on these websites.
Let us know — it's an interesting question.  Of course, I will let you all know.

Thank you again.

Ariovaldo V Garcia

Sep 28, 2021, 2:36:05 PM9/28/21
to latexus...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

With a search I found an example (Please see the file "test.tex" attached). I guess it will be useful for you.

Regards

Ariovaldo

test.tex

Emílio Kavamura eek

Sep 29, 2021, 11:09:28 AM9/29/21
to LaTeX Users Group
Hi, I made some small adjustments to Ariovaldo's text, I hope that this way it's closer to what you want.

best regards, Emílio
test.tex

Karla Lopez Araujo

Oct 8, 2021, 1:11:54 PM10/8/21
to LaTeX Users Group
Thank you very much for your suggestions Mr. Ariovaldo and Emilio.
I have could hierarchically indent all subsections, subsubsections, etc.
Now, I have another doubt I don't know how to omit this part from the table of contents.WhatsApp Image 2021-10-08 at 11.16.12.jpeg

Gildas Cotomale

Oct 8, 2021, 3:05:22 PM10/8/21
to latexus...@googlegroups.com

Peter Flynn

Oct 8, 2021, 4:39:20 PM10/8/21
to latexus...@googlegroups.com
Le ven. 8 oct. 2021 à 19:11, Karla Lopez Araujo
<karlalopeza...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> Now, I have another doubt I don't know how to omit this part from the
> table of contents.

Those lines are not automatic in the standard classes, so either

a) you are using a document class or style that adds them

or

b) you added them yourself manually at some time in the past.

Without seeing your code, it is not possible to give an answer.

Peter
Message has been deleted

Gildas Cotomale

Oct 9, 2021, 4:29:07 AM10/9/21
to latexus...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Just remove line 380 (listoffigures) and line 384 (listoftables)
or comment them by putting percent at the begin of the line.

Regards.

Karla Lopez Araujo

Oct 9, 2021, 5:14:00 AM10/9/21
to LaTeX Users Group
Thank you for your previous links I could remove items denoted in Roman numerals from the Table of Contents, which are Index, List of Figures, and List of Tables.
I have another question how could I put these margins (5 and 2 cm)? My previous documentclass was a book, but I changed it to report because I needed hierarchically indent all subsections,  subsubsections. "Resumen" means "abstract". Also, I didn't have to consider the abstract such as section, not as a chapter.WhatsApp Image 2021-10-09 at 04.06.28.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-10-09 at 03.47.26.jpeg

Gildas Cotomale

Oct 9, 2021, 10:55:42 AM10/9/21
to latexus...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have another question how could I put these margins (5 and 2 cm)? My previous documentclass was a book, but I changed it to report because I needed hierarchically indent all subsections,  subsubsections. "Resumen" means "abstract". Also, I didn't have to consider the abstract such as section, not as a chapter.WhatsApp Image 2021-10-09 at 04.06.28.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-10-09 at 03.47.26.jpeg

You're already using package geometry (line 2) which is intended for the purpose; so just adapt the parameters...

Kind regards.