Alignment

Darpan Mehra

Feb 16, 2020, 11:22:53 AM2/16/20
to LaTeX Users Group
Need to align these text. All the texts under Technical Skills should be in line with the heading. Please help.

Source code:

\begin{rSection}{TECHNICAL SKILLS}
{\bf Programming Languages: }{Python, R, SQL, Java} \hfill \\
{\bf Web Technologies: }{HTML, PHP, CSS, LaTeX} \hfill \\
{\bf Frameworks: }{NetBeans IDE, MS-Office, Tableau, Ubuntu, MySQL, Git, TensorFlow, WordPress}
\end{rSection}

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 1.35.06 PM.png

Peter Flynn

Feb 16, 2020, 4:00:07 PM2/16/20
to LaTeX Users Group, Darpan Mehra
On 16/02/2020 08:08, Darpan Mehra wrote:
> Need to align these text. All the texts under Technical Skills should be
> in line with the heading. Please help.
>
> Source code:

Please provide a MINIMAL WORKING EXAMPLE (MWE) that we can snip out and
run through LaTeX. What you have posted cannot be run. To do this,
remove all unnecessary stuff from the document so that it just has what
is needed to show the problem.

> \begin{rSection}{TECHNICAL SKILLS}

What is an "rSection"? It's not standard LaTeX.

> {\bf Programming Languages: }

Please don't use \bf. It's plain TeX, not LaTeX. Use EITHER
\textbf{Programming Languages:} OR {\bfseries Programming Languages:}

> {Python, R, SQL, Java}

Why is this in curly braces? They have no effect without a command.

> \hfill \\

What are you trying to achieve with this?

> {\bf Web Technologies: }{HTML, PHP, CSS, LaTeX} \hfill \\
> {\bf Frameworks: }{NetBeans IDE, MS-Office, Tableau, Ubuntu, MySQL, Git,
> TensorFlow, WordPress}
> \end{rSection}

I think what you are trying to do is make a description list. Try this:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}

\begin{description}
\item[Programming Languages:] Python, R, SQL, Java
\item[Web Technologies:] HTML, PHP, CSS, \LaTeX
\item[Frameworks:] NetBeans IDE, MS-Office, Tableau, Ubuntu, MySQL, Git,
TensorFlow, WordPress
\end{description}

\end{document}

Peter

David Topham

Feb 17, 2020, 6:07:44 PM2/17/20
to LaTeX Users Group
It could useful to look at what others have done rather than reinvent the wheel?
e.g. Are you formatting a https://www.rpi.edu/dept/arc/training/latex/resumes