pdf file gone!

Ian Fantom

May 23, 2023, 9:41:16 AM5/23/23
to latexus...@googlegroups.com

I've been hand editing a converted .tex file in TexStudio, but suddenly I was finding I couldn't 'Build & View' or 'Compile' without getting a message "Failed to find file '/home/...../....pdf' Perhaps it has been deleted." The pdf screen was still there, but blank.

I was at a loss to understand this, but I found a similar query from 2014 at https://latex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24413 .

The answer was to check the settings: "With OSX: texStudio > Preferences, select Build, option Default Compiler." (https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/98129/texstudio-compile-error-could-not-start-the-command-pdflatex-exe/98132#98132)

But I can't find an equivalent in my TexStudio. Nor do I understand how the settings could have changed.

Any ideas?

Ian