how to find the appropriate xymtex elements

Helge Kruse

Apr 20, 2009, 4:25:23 AM4/20/09
to LaTeX-XyMTeX
Hello,

I want to support typsetting some papers with chemical structure
formulars. I am looking for an appropriate way to include these
structures in my paper. Unfortunately I have no idea, how the author
of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XyMTeX found, that corticosterone is
built with \steroid, \lmoiety and \sixunitv. I found no dictionary of
catalog, where I can browse the xymtex elements.

For the current work I need to typeset 18-crown-6 ether (http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_ether) and cryptands (http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptand) but dont have any clue where to start.

I found the crown ether at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptand, but
to be honest, I am not a student in chemistry, but only want to
support one. Are the information at PubChem useful in any way to ease
writing the crown ether with xymtex?

Regards,
Helge