-set_number_of_variable_length_records

Stavros Syrigos

Feb 28, 2023, 6:42:49 AM2/28/23
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi,

I am trying to remove all the variable length records from a LAZ file.

One (slow, as it is rewriting the file) way that works, is to use:

las2las in.laz -remove_all_vlrs -o out.laz

I noticed that on LAS files I can also do this, which only takes a split second:

lasinfo in.las -set_number_of_variable_length_records 0 -no_check

However, when I do the same on a LAZ file, I get this instead:

ERROR: this file was compressed with an experimental version of laszip
ERROR: please contact 'in...@rapidlasso.de' for assistance.
ERROR: cannot open lasreaderlas with file name 'in.laz'
ERROR: cannot open lasreader

And the laz header is corrupted in the process.

Any ideas?

I am using lastools (230123)

BR,
Stavros

Jorge Delgado García

Feb 28, 2023, 6:59:39 AM2/28/23
to last...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Could you provide some LAS file example in order to make some tests?

Thanks
Jorge

--
Download LAStools at
https://rapidlasso.de

Stavros Syrigos

Feb 28, 2023, 8:05:02 AM2/28/23
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi,

Here is one small extract. I attach inputs and outputs in LAS and LAZ formats.

Outputs are done with lasinfo "input file" -set_number_of_variable_length_records 0 -no_check

Original files have undefined projections and other metadata in the VLR records that I would like to remove without spending time to reexport the whole file with las2las -remove_all_vlrs

As said, -set_number_of_variable_length_records 0 works with LAS but not with LAS.

Thanks for your help!
BR,
Stavros
tmp_las.zip