Scan direction flag

Adrian Draghici

Nov 18, 2021, 3:11:16 PM11/18/21
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Dear support,

I have a situation where I need to make the difference between two laser heads of LiDAR sensor VQ1560II. For Channel 1 scan direction flag to be set to 0 and for Channel 2 scan direction flag to be set to 1. There is any option in las2las that would help me? I did not found anything related to it in the readme file..

Thank you in advance,
Adrian

Jorge Delgado García

Nov 24, 2021, 8:00:29 AM11/24/21
to last...@googlegroups.com
You can configure then using las2las

las2las -cpu64 -i "<your_input_file.laz>" -set_scanner_channel 1 -set_scan_direction 0 -odir "<your_output_directory>" -o "<your_output_file.laz"

You need to have in separate files the Channel 1 and Channel 2 datasets, of course.

Jorge

--
Download LAStools at
http://lastools.org

Adrian Draghici

Nov 25, 2021, 4:14:48 AM11/25/21
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Thank you Jorge!

Which version do you use? I downloaded the latest version available on LAStools website and command line  -set_scan_direction doesn't exist in las2las.

Adrian

Support at rapidlasso

Nov 25, 2021, 4:25:55 AM11/25/21
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Thanks Jorge for your help!

I think the flag is "-set_scan_direction_flag"
so
las2las -cpu64 -i "<your_input_file.laz>" -set_scanner_channel 1 -set_scan_direction_flag 0 -odir "<your_output_directory>" -o "<your_output_file.laz"
may work...

Jochen

Jorge Delgado García

Nov 25, 2021, 7:48:19 AM11/25/21
to last...@googlegroups.com
I have the last one from LAStools webpage. The option doesn’t appear in the README file but I tested it and I don’t have any error, so the option exists (there is included in txt2las programme).

I have not checked the final result ... las2info doesn’t provide information about this but I want to check read the LAS file directly.

Jorge

--
Download LAStools at

https://rapidlasso.de