Matrix transformation in LAStools

Support at rapidlasso

Mar 15, 2022, 9:33:58 AM3/15/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
For quite a while LAStools is able to read PTX files.
Till now the header was stored into an VLR of the LAS/LAZ file.
What LAStools not did is to USE this header.
Till now.
We got a request to support the rotation and translation header in PTX files - and so we did.
LAStools supports now ptx import and is able to transform the data by the ptx header matrix.
Also we support general matrix operations.
If you want to read more, see

https://rapidlasso.de/matrix-transformation-in-lastools/

If you want to test this new feature with your data just write me.
After a period of testing this feature become a part of LAStools and
will be published into the github repo.

Jochen @rapidlasso

Alejandro Hinojosa

Mar 15, 2022, 3:49:39 PM3/15/22
to last...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Why the readme files from the tools are not available on rapidlasso page?  It would be helpful to have them back.

Thanks
Alejandro

--
Download LAStools at
https://rapidlasso.de

Alejandro Hinojosa
CICESE

Support at rapidlasso

Mar 15, 2022, 3:58:04 PM3/15/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi Alejandro,
currently we have 2 webpages - old and new:
The old is more for historical reason (its just too much work to move everything).
Please use the new page at
There you will find all the tools and also the readme of lasnoise.

Even better: Use the readme delivered with the last version of LAStools:
This readme files are the reference.

Anyway: Thanks for reporting the broken link - I will try to fix...

Jochen @rapidlasso