cutting tiles from very big extent

mauro...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2021, 1:30:27 PM7/29/21
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing

Hello,

I'm trying to cut tiles of 50 by50m from a very big extent (41000 km^2).
I indexed all the laz files covering the 41000 km^2 (tiles of 1km by 1km)

Now I'm trying to do something like this:

las2las64 -i myDirectory\*.laz -merged -o myLaz.laz -inside_tile ll_x ll_y size

If I do this, I get an error, that lasmergedreader does not work for 39000 files (the exact wording I forgot).

I don't know if my approach could work, but I would also be interested on smarter solutions.

Thanks,

Mauro