Classify based on proximity to points with different point source ID

Spencer Floyd

Sep 27, 2024, 4:08:19 AMSep 27
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hello everyone,

I apologize if this has been discussed already, but I'm hoping to accomplish the following process.

Currently, using Terrascan I am able to isolate a flight line and run a tool called Closeby Points. This checks each point in the isolated flight line to see if it's within a 3D distance to a point within all other flight lines. Points that are not within that 3D distance are sent to class 7.

What I would like to do is automate this process so that this same process happens to every flight line within a given file. Is that possible given a pre existing tool?

Thanks for reading,

Spencer

Jochen Rapidlasso

Oct 7, 2024, 10:27:58 AMOct 7
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi Spencer,
first you have to separate your flightlines (using lassplit64).
Then you probably can use lascopy64 with argument -match_xyz [n] from one reference flightline to your other flightlines and check if they are close to points in other flightlines.

Cheers,

Jochen @rapidlasso