Filter an extra byte with las2las

Dave Munge

Nov 15, 2022, 2:04:27 AM11/15/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hello,

I have laz tiles that contain the height information from ground level in an Extra byte. You can see it like this in lasInfo:

" Extra Byte Descriptions
      data type: 4 (short), name "height above ground", description: "vertical point to TIN distance", scale: 0.01, offset: 250
LASzip compression (version 3.4r3 c2 50000): POINT10 2 GPSTIME11 2 BYTE 2"

I would like to make a filter according to the height contained in this extabyte with las2las. Is it possible ?

Thanks !

Jochen Rapidlasso

Nov 15, 2022, 2:11:38 AM11/15/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi Dave,
did you have a look at las2las_README.md?
There is a whole chapter
### Extra byte
There are nice parameters like "drop_attribute_between" and much more.

Best regards,

Jochen @rapidlasso

Dave Munge

Nov 15, 2022, 9:01:52 AM11/15/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Oh, thank you!

Sorry I hadn't looked at the readme lately and it has been improved since.

Thanks again