Change detection using Lastools

Maros Hana

Mar 8, 2021, 11:07:37 AM3/8/21
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
hi
I would like to compare two vintages of data to each other with meaningful output
comparing ground 2 and veg 5 classes - I'm looking for changes in ground and above ground features.

1a.las <-> 1b.las
2a.las <-> 2b.las

any simple script suggestions?
thanks
Maros

Martin Isenburg

Mar 10, 2021, 8:41:29 AM3/10/21
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Hello Maros,

Are you looking for vertical differences or changes in elevation? In this case I suggest to make rasters from the points and then compute the difference in the raster domain. For the ground model (DTM) this is pretty straight forward. For the surface model (DSM) you could try different approaches such as lasgrid, lasgrid with subcircle, las2dem of first returns, las2dem of highest returns (separate pass with lasthin first), las2dem of highest returns with subcircle  (separate pass with lasthin first) or las2dem in spike-free mode.

Regards,

Martin

Regards,

Martin