las envelopes in shape format

Alejandro Hinojosa

Nov 5, 2022, 4:14:12 AM11/5/22
to last...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Can someone remind me how to create a shape file with envelopes of a bunch of las or laz tiles?

--
Alejandro Hinojosa
CICESE

Jochen Rapidlasso

Nov 5, 2022, 4:16:21 AM11/5/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi Alejandro,
may have a look at

https://rapidlasso.de/las2shp/

If this does not what you are looking for please describe very precise what you want to do and provide a sample :)

Best regards,

Jochen @rapidlasso

Michał Kuś

Nov 5, 2022, 5:14:32 AM11/5/22
to last...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
if I understand correctly, you want a single shp for each laz file that shows the shape all point are contained within.
I use command:
lasboundary -i *.laz -oshp -epsg xxxx -use_tile_bb
-epsg because my laz files do not have projection info in the header and  I need to specify it by hand
-use_tile_bb because my files are square and this is sooo much faster - but if you need precise shape you'll want to skip this parameter.

Best regards,
Michal Kus

--
Download LAStools at
https://rapidlasso.de

Jochen Rapidlasso

Nov 5, 2022, 5:17:07 AM11/5/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Thanks Michal,
it was the combination of saturday and early morning to lead me to this fast answer - lasboundary is probably the one Alejandro is looking for :)

Best regards,

Jochen @rapidlasso

Alejandro Hinojosa

Nov 5, 2022, 2:39:19 PM11/5/22
to last...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Michal and Jocken, I had found it in my scripts history

lasboundary -i *.laz -overview -labels -o index_laz.shp

Alejandro

--
Alejandro Hinojosa
CICESE