Adjusting Height of a given class of points?

Jcb

Nov 23, 2022, 7:09:20 AM11/23/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Is there a straightforward way to raise the height/elevation value of all points classified as vegetation?

Jochen Rapidlasso

Nov 23, 2022, 7:22:14 AM11/23/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi Jcb,
there is a argument -translate_z [n] and also -scale_z or -translate_raw_z
Combine this with -keep_class, put the other classes with -drop_class into another file and merge afterwards again.
So I think you need some steps to do this.

Jochen @rapidlasso

Jcb

Nov 23, 2022, 7:31:41 AM11/23/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
excellent. I'll start to play around with this. thank you.

samz...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2022, 3:21:43 PM11/23/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi Jcb,

It sounds like you are artificially growing some trees, perhaps a new climate change strategy? :-)

Can I suggest you try this filter  -keep_class 5 - filtered_transform
That can work with a few types of filters but not all of them.  I think it works with class and point_source filters.  That should let you apply the change to your subset of points, and then still write the unaffected points out into the same output file as the affected points.

Regards
Sam