can your point cloud software load the attached LAZ file?

Martin Isenburg

Oct 21, 2018, 11:31:29 PM10/21/18
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing, las...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I used the opportunity of having so many vendors showcase their latest software during the 3 days of INTERGEO in Frankfurt to hop from booth to booth with a USB stick and to check whether there are packages that can not yet load LAZ files that contain the new LAS 1.4 point types compressed with the native extension of LASzip. This was a very worthwhile endeavor as several vendors (~ 8 out of 20 tested) had not updated their DLLs or LASzip libraries in a while and were not able to load the attached file.

The release of the native extension of LASzip to the new LAS 1.4 point types has not been widely announced but it's been in place for nearly 1.5 years now. Can you make sure that all of the point cloud software that you use can open the attached file? If not, please email me the issues you encountered at 'las...@rapidlasso.com' along with the version number of that software.

Regards,

Martin @rapidlasso
france14_pt6.laz