ASPRS LAS Collaboration Workshop - Oct 30

Evon Silvia

Oct 19, 2018, 2:42:28 PM10/19/18
to las...@googlegroups.com
Hello folks! This appeared in yesterday's ASPRS Newsletter and on GitHub, but I'd like to make sure that you're all aware of an upcoming webinar/workshop that I'll be hosting on how to interact with the LWG on GitHub. Details below.

This workshop was created to facilitate public comment for the upcoming revision of LAS 1.4I'll follow up with a link to the recording if you can't make it.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions.

Evon
--

ASPRS LAS Workshop
Tue, Oct 30, 2018 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT

Maintenance of the ASPRS LAS Specification moved onto GitHub starting in early 2018. This transition was motivated by the need for (1) greater transparency into the LAS Working Group decision-making process, (2) a historical archive of design rationale, (3) increasing industry collaboration and communication, (4) a reliable communication platform for updates, and (5) a straightforward revision history between versions.

GitHub provides all of these benefits and more, but it can be intimidating and foreign for professionals not already familiar with its interface.

Learn everything you need to know about the LAS specification moving to GitHub by joining us for an online workshop hosted by the ASPRS LAS Working Group Chair, Evon Silvia. Seats are limited to the first 50 who join. It will be recorded if you can't make it.

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/661104293

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3212

Access Code: 661-104-293

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system?

Dial: 67.217.95.2##661104293
Cisco devices: 6611...@67.217.95.2

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check:
https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

--
Quantum Geospatial Logo
Evon Silvia PLS

Loren Dawe

Oct 19, 2018, 7:18:17 PM10/19/18
to The LAS room - a friendly place to discuss the LAS and LAZ formats
Hi Evon,
Is there a spec/document available that we can examine before this webinar?
Loren.

Evon Silvia

Oct 22, 2018, 1:41:18 PM10/22/18
to las...@googlegroups.com
Hi Loren,

We're still ironing out the last few items so there's no official draft ready yet. I hope to have one before the webinar and will circulate it when it's ready.

Evon

You are subscribed to "The LAS room - a friendly place to discuss the the LAS or LAZ formats" for those who want to see LAS or LAZ succeed as open standards. Go on record with bug reports, suggestions, and concerns about current and proposed specifications.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lasroom
Post to this group with an email to las...@googlegroups.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The LAS room - a friendly place to discuss the LAS and LAZ formats" group.

Evon Silvia

Oct 29, 2018, 6:54:14 PM10/29/18
to The LAS room - a friendly place to discuss the LAS and LAZ formats
Just a reminder that this is happening TOMORROW! If you'd like a link to the current draft for R14, you can find it here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/asprs-las/LAS-specification-aaaf2adf8d804a0002f3525eb85c683407788c81.pdf

Three notes about that:
  • This workshop isn't actually about R14, as it will focus on editing the specification in general. I will cover the R14 changes in light detail at the end if there's time.
  • It is still very much a DRAFT and subject to change. !!!Do not develop using it!!!
  • Pending issues for that draft are here: https://github.com/ASPRSorg/LAS/milestone/1.
    Any issues that remain unresolved by the end of this week will have to get punted to the next revision.
See you tomorow!

Evon

adam steer

Nov 6, 2018, 2:37:45 AM11/6/18
to The LAS room - a friendly place to discuss the LAS and LAZ formats
Hi everyone - I missed the workshop, but would love to see the results/keep an eye out for future iterations.

Is the recording available?

Evon Silvia

Nov 13, 2018, 5:46:46 PM11/13/18
to The LAS room - a friendly place to discuss the LAS and LAZ formats
Hi folks,

If you missed the workshop, the recording has been posted here: https://youtu.be/Waj_YPRJByQ

This notice will also be distributed through this week's ASPRS Newsletter and on the official GitHub page. Thanks for your patience!

Evon