tube replacement time.

jet townsend

Aug 2, 2021, 5:08:43 PM8/2/21
to lasersaur
Hey, anyone else still using their lasersaur? Anyone burned out a tube
recently?

I bought a Ruida kit to replace the lasersaur controller then my tube
died. By "died" I mean it barely generates 40W on my CO2 laser meter
thing, so if I was just cutting paper... :-)

I will document upgrading to Ruisa and post the 3d printed bracket
mounts on my sourceforge page or thingiverse or something. It's
something I can do while I wait on a replacement tube.

Thinking about using this as a replacement for the RECI, the SPT V20:
https://www.sptlaser.net/co2-laser-tube/v-series

I need to double check actual measurements, but it looks like a perfect
drop in for the lasersaur *and* it's almost double the power.

Thoughts?

--
Jet Townsend, IDSA
design <http://www.allartburns.org>

Torsten Martinsen

Aug 3, 2021, 2:32:04 PM8/3/21
to lase...@googlegroups.com
At my hackerspace, our Lasersaur has been running since 2016, and we are currently on our second tube. Both tubes were nominally 80 W, and were bought on AliExpress for around $550 including shipping.

As for controller etc, we currently use a MKS-SBASE (Smoothieboard clone) running grbl-LPC and an APU2 mini-PC running LaserWeb4.