thinking about selling my lasersaur

jet townsend

Dec 23, 2021, 12:09:23 PM12/23/21
to lasersaur
Hi,

Looking at a change in careers to where I can just use the "shop laser
cutter" and recover a car's worth of space in my garage. This means I
probably need to say a sad-but-fond farewell to my lasersaur.

This is located in Pittsburgh, PA. I have a full-sized truck and can
deliver it within a few hours (each way) drive. It's nicely adjusted
right now, but moving it will require a full set of readjustment.

Still not sure what price to ask. I know you can get new Rabbits with
80W tubes and a smaller cutting space for a few grand. The ones we use
at Protohaven are nice but have zero fume filtering, we just dump the
raw air outside the building with rotary fans. I have an indoor-usable
fume filter, and a cooler that means you can drive at least 100W for as
long as you like and not overheat, those run a few hundred, new, last
time I checked.

The details:

- 14.03 hardware with the open PC board controller (not the fancy, final
enclosed controller)
- 100W laser at EOL, measures at about 50W with my CO2 laser gauge
- fume ventilator that works well in an enclosed workspace. I
lasercut/etch in my garage in the winter (below freezing outside)
without opening the garage doors
(documented on my blog: http://www.flatline.net/journal/?cat=28 )
- the "nice" cooler, the Reci CW-5000 model. I use it for multi-hour
cuts in 80F weather and never overheat
- if you want, a big, rolling stand to hold the laser, 2'x4' pieces of
wood, and space for the fume filter and chiller to sit on the floor
- a bunch of random spares for the laser path including cleaning
solvent, wipes, and some spare mirrors/lenses

some photos and video here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/allartburns/albums/72157650936789611

Feel free to drop me personal email or discuss on the list as you see fit.

--jet

--
Jet Townsend, IDSA
design <http://www.allartburns.org>