Laser not firing at the beginning of a path

Aaron Moore

Feb 11, 2020, 4:01:53 PM2/11/20
to lasersaur
Hi
I have been having problems with the laser sometimes not firing at the beginning of a path. It seems to happen after it has done an engraving pass and switched to a 100% cut through. It will not fire for a few seconds and then gradually power up.  I have just installed a new power supply, but this has not solved the problem.  Is it likely to be the laser tube?
Thanks for any answers
Aaron

chris d.

Feb 11, 2020, 5:18:18 PM2/11/20
to lasersaur
I had the same problem with a job that did lots of engraving followed by a cut. I never did solve it and just resorted to doing the engraving pass, waiting for a while, then starting the cut.

aaron moore

Feb 12, 2020, 2:24:33 AM2/12/20
to lase...@googlegroups.com
Thank Chris d
That's helpful to know.
--
Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.