fatal crash in driveboard

j. eric townsend

Nov 26, 2017, 7:25:50 PM11/26/17
to lase...@googlegroups.com
so, why I always run in debugging mode...

This is running my branch at 92e52c92ed426a9f0c4d6ba77db7ff10f6b905dc
which I believe is up-to-date with Stefan's master branch.

I had a job lock up yesterday half way through a cut. It's a DXF file
that I've cut several times with no problem so I'm guessing it's a
firmware bug. I've only browsed part of the code, but it might be
obvious to Stefan..

Here's the console log from debug mode where the fail happened

10.0.2.129 - - [25/Nov/2017 18:35:03] "GET /status HTTP/1.1" 200 317
126
~
ERROR: invalid marker
10.0.2.129 - - [25/Nov/2017 18:35:04] "GET /status HTTP/1.1" 200 318

Attached is *a* DBA file. This is the cut that failed, but I don't know
if the DBA got rewritten when I tried the cut a second time on fresh
media and the cut passed.

--
J. Eric Townsend, IDSA
design <http://www.allartburns.org>

j...@allartburns.org

May 1, 2020, 5:57:37 PM5/1/20
to lasersaur
Watch me kick this dead horse down the street!

It's started happening again with engraving, several times in an hour.  I haven't
seen this in I don't know how many hours of cutting.  I rarely ever engrave and certainly
not for long jobs.  The ones I'm doing right now can take an hour or so.

Looking at the firmware "~" is being returned by serial_raster_resd() to report a variety
of non-error conditions and I wonder if this is somehow leaking out of the firmware.  I'm
going to modify driverboard.py to just ignore this character and *not* change any of
the self. variables and see what happens.

jet townsend

May 1, 2020, 7:16:15 PM5/1/20
to lase...@googlegroups.com
Of course it happens at the end of a 20-minute etch. I think it's
the firmware having the fault, lasersaur UI is waiting and I'm seeing
status messages on the debug console but the head isn't moving.

It also seems to only happen when I'm doing offet. Going to power-cycle
between etches and see if that helps.

--jet

--
Jet Townsend, IDSA