Problems flashing the new board

Lucas Arenal

May 23, 2019, 11:19:26 AM5/23/19
to lasersaur
Hii i am trying to build an laseraur and i started with the pcb. I weld all components and put arduino uno in the position.

When i try to flash the firmware. conect to lasersaur app and put in the flash firmware said error.
i try to flash any firmware on arduino official app and i havent prblem.
photo_2019-05-23_16-58-54.jpg

photo_2019-05-23_16-58-47.jpg

the lasersaurapp the comand said not controler found.
how i can do to recognize the pcb lasersaur app
How can solve that?
thanks
lucas

Scott (Strataforma.com)

Jun 12, 2019, 12:25:33 PM6/12/19
to lasersaur
I notice that you have a /dev/ serial port address, are you by any chance using Linux/Mac via a virtual machine on Windows? I ran into issues with USB drivers when using Ubuntu in Virtualbox on Windows, and the easiest solution I’ve found is to simply run the driverboard on your native OS.

Alternatively, if you download the driverboard source code, you should be able to flash the firmware using the Arduino native app. At least you should be able to... I haven’t tried it out myself.

Jondale Stratton

Jun 13, 2019, 4:52:42 PM6/13/19
to lase...@googlegroups.com
I had trouble for a bit doing the flashing.  I just pulled the atmega chip out, stuck it in an arduino, flashed the code with the arduino ide.  It has since started working though.  I never knew what the problem was.

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 12:25 PM Scott (Strataforma.com) <sc...@strataforma.com> wrote:
I notice that you have a /dev/ serial port address, are you by any chance using Linux/Mac via a virtual machine on Windows? I ran into issues with USB drivers when using Ubuntu in Virtualbox on Windows, and the easiest solution I’ve found is to simply run the driverboard on your native OS.

Alternatively, if you download the driverboard source code, you should be able to flash the firmware using the Arduino native app. At least you should be able to... I haven’t tried it out myself.

Lucas Arenal

Jun 14, 2019, 9:54:19 AM6/14/19
to lasersaur
No  i use windows. but i will try to flash in "arduino app". But where is the software? or from where i can donwload?

jet townsend

Jun 14, 2019, 12:41:41 PM6/14/19
to lase...@googlegroups.com
Go to the Arduino site and download the latest released version of the
Arduino IDE for your system.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lasersaur/e1f4cb7a-7bb8-431d-a68d-59dcb3d628b6%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lasersaur/e1f4cb7a-7bb8-431d-a68d-59dcb3d628b6%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jet Townsend, IDSA
design <http://www.allartburns.org>
hacking <http://www.flatline.net>
consulting <http://www.functionalprototype.com>

Lucas Arenal

Jun 15, 2019, 6:45:16 AM6/15/19
to lasersaur
not the app i already have i want the firmware. i donwloaded the lasersaur master but i cant find them

On 6/14/2019 9:54 AM, Lucas Arenal wrote:
> No  i use windows. but i will try to flash in "arduino app". But where
> is the software? or from where i can donwload?
>

> El miércoles, 12 de junio de 2019, 18:25:33 (UTC+2), Scott
> (Strataforma.com) escribió:
>
>     I notice that you have a /dev/ serial port address, are you by any
>     chance using Linux/Mac via a virtual machine on Windows? I ran into
>     issues with USB drivers when using Ubuntu in Virtualbox on Windows,
>     and the easiest solution I’ve found is to simply run the driverboard
>     on your native OS.
>
>     Alternatively, if you download the driverboard source code, you
>     should be able to flash the firmware using the Arduino native app.
>     At least you should be able to... I haven’t tried it out myself.

innovatetvs

Feb 17, 2023, 10:45:58 AM2/17/23
to lasersaur
Hi Jodale,

I am having the same issue outlined in the original portion of this thread.  I saw you not about flashing the firmware with the arduino IDE, but how did you do that?  There is no ".ino" file anywhere. Would you be willing tell me which file(s) you are opening in the arduino IDE to be able to flash to it?

thanks so much in advance for your help!
-Matt

Jondale Stratton

Feb 17, 2023, 10:57:37 AM2/17/23
to lase...@googlegroups.com
I used the following code in an arduino ide

Just to be clear, I programmed the atmega chip in an arduino uno with that code then pulled the chip and put it on the lasersaur driveboard.

I imagine it'd still work but I can't test it now as I've switched to buildbotics on the laser for the moment.

Message has been deleted