Plans for August

Eric

Aug 6, 2013, 11:57:44 PM8/6/13
to laruby...@googlegroups.com
Question: Does the quietness around here mean that mean we will be continuing the break into August? If I remember correctly, we were planning on taking a break for just the month of July right? Either way works well for me though as I have plenty of other things I'm trying to study but I'm also looking forward to starting up again.

Take care everyone.

Jen Diamond

Aug 7, 2013, 12:09:14 AM8/7/13
to laruby...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am still out until the end of September. I look forward to going again too but I have too much to concentrate on right now.

Check out our blog sometime: http://rgsocbundler.github.io/

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM, Eric <erics.seco...@gmail.com> wrote:
Question: Does the quietness around here mean that mean we will be continuing the break into August? If I remember correctly, we were planning on taking a break for just the month of July right? Either way works well for me though as I have plenty of other things I'm trying to study but I'm also looking forward to starting up again.

Take care everyone.

Cynthia Kiser

Aug 8, 2013, 12:43:50 AM8/8/13
to laruby...@googlegroups.com
Quoting Eric <erics.seco...@gmail.com>:
> Question: Does the quietness around here mean that mean we will be
> continuing the break into August? If I remember correctly, we were planning
> on taking a break for just the month of July right?

Yes time for us to get going again. Does Wednesday still work for
everyone? I am willing to consider other days of the week - as long as
that doesn't inconvenience more regulars than it gains us new people.

Let's plan to meet next week to decide on a new book - and perhaps
watch a video from Confreaks.

--
Cynthia N. Kiser
c...@ugcs.caltech.edu

Cynthia Kiser

Aug 15, 2013, 12:47:10 AM8/15/13
to laruby...@googlegroups.com
OK we have chosen a new book: Rebuilding Rails You can get a copy of the ebook at http://rebuilding-rails.com/

For next week, please read at least through the 'Zero to "It Works!" chapter and try to play along at home. I have a feeling this is going to be a book where the most interesting discussions will be tangents from the various examples in the chapters. Experiment!