Animation prototype

Cynthia Kiser

Sep 26, 2014, 2:57:03 AM9/26/14
to laruby...@googlegroups.com
We made some progress on our animation prototype at yesterday's meeting - including setting up a doubly linked list for modeling our middleware stack in JavaScript. I rearranged a few things and got the animation working - at least in the forward (aka request) direction. There is a logic error that is preventing it from working in the reverse (aka response) direction.

If we wanted to change our UI from "pick from a list of preset animations (and then just watch them) to something more interactive (where the viewer plays the part of the computer in choosing which path to take at each decision point), we might be able to keep our data structures and JS functions more or less as they are. But if we want to build something where the user makes one choice (e.g. "Show me what happens when my authentication plugin says I am not logged in") and then the code just runs, then we need a different way of setting up the paths to traverse.

Anyway, clone the repo, play with it, and bring your ideas (or code) to class next week: https://github.com/LA-Rubyists/rack-middleware-visualization

Anna Mendoza

Oct 16, 2014, 7:01:57 PM10/16/14
to laruby...@googlegroups.com
Great! I've attached the latest and greatest PDF that I shared with the group last night. I'm going to observe the code, fork it and then update the the pages
in the coming weeks. If anyone would like to help, I'm all for pair-programming... Live or Virtual.

The missing parts include:
• What kind of Middleware Journeys?
• Develop some sample writing and perhaps a few more ideas from the group to showcase how each of these journeys - Middleware Journeys - actually benefit
some common scenarios
• Is there anything that is unclear about Middleware?

I'll be updating my repo with Cynthia's contribution and following the spec I'm providing here...
I'm always available online.
Thanks
Anna
Flow_Documentation_3.pdf