Astronauts Call for NASA to End "Unbridled Advocacy" of Climate Change

1 view

Philippine LaRouche Society (PLS)

Apr 12, 2012, 11:05:35 AM4/12/12

Astronauts Call for NASA to End "Unbridled Advocacy" of Climate Change

April 12th, 2012 • 5:49 AM

A letter addressed to NASA Administrator Charles Bolden and signed by 49 former astronauts and NASA scientists on March 28th, and just released, asks Bolden to end NASA's support for the unscientific "man-made global warming" hoax. The list includes eight former astronauts, plus NASA scientists, executives, and engineers, 21 of whom worked for the space agency for more than 30 years; some, more than 40 years.

The letter states: "We, the undersigned, respectfully request that NASA and the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) refrain from including unproven remarks in public releases and websites. We believe the claims by NASA and GISS, that man-made carbon dioxide is having a catastrophic impact on global climate change, are not substantiated, especially when considering thousands of years of empirical data. With hundreds of well-known climate scientists and then of thousands of other scientists publicly declaring their disbelief in the catastrophic forecasts, coming particularly from the GISS leadership, it is clear that the science is NOT settled." (Emphasis in the original.)

"The unbridled advocacy of CO2 being the major cause of climate change is unbecoming of NASA's history of making an objective assessment of all available scientific data prior to making decisions or public statements."

"We request that NASA refrain from including unproven and unsupported remarks in its future releases and websites on this subject. At risk is damage to the exemplary reputation of NASA, NASA's current or former scientists and employees, and even the reputation of science itself."

"For additional information regarding the science behind our concern, we recommend that you contact [Apollo astronauts] Harrison Schmitt or Walter Cunninghman, or others they can recommend to you."

A few years ago, when a NASA public affairs official at headquarters in Washington edited a release on man-made global warming that had come from Hansen, Congress "investigated," accused NASA of messing with "science," and later the official was fired. When former NASA Administrator Mike Griffin made a public remark questioning man-made global warming, he almost lost his job.