LA Renaissance Festival Final Weekend ENewsletter!

rhight57

Dec 10, 2009, 6:46:27 PM12/10/09
to LARF-ENewsletter

Hi everyone!

Can you believe that it is already time for our Grand Finale weekend??
This year has flown by! We have some special guests that are joining
us for our Grand Finale Weekend that will make this an extra fun
weekend for all! We have several guest musicians this weekend
including Owain Phyfe, the Bilge Pumps, Flynn’s Folly, and the Iron
Hill Vagabonds. Here are some links and clips on YouTube so you can
get a sample of what these groups will be offering for our Grand
Finale weekend!

Owain Phyfe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-3Mmkez0Go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59NGrnl2GzQ

Bilge Pumps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5krrGcWnok&feature=PlayList&p=F3BAE53450DB8C25&index=0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0AC0vCAH8A&feature=PlayList&p=F3BAE53450DB8C25&index=5

Flynn’s Folly
Myspace.com/flynnsfolly

Iron Hill Vagabons:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjvpXzcjyKs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qvYE-iMQ8g

The Gypsies are back for our final weekend! This Saturday only at 2pm
the Gypsies will be hosting a Hafla, which is Arabic for “Party”!
Guest Drummers including the Green Man, Regan, Madison, and more will
be joined by villager Vlad on the violin. Safira of All Points Belly
Dance, Zahava of Lafayette, and guest dancers from Oasis Belly Dance’s
Habibi Hips dance company will be performing as well as some other
special guest dancers. There shall be no lack of music and dancing
for all! Join in the fun this Saturday at 2 pm on the Peninsula near
the maze.

Apparently we have a really interesting weather pattern developing
this weekend that has the weather websites providing really
conflicting information. As of right now Accuweather's Saturday
forecast has us as 'cloudy' every hour except 1pm and 4pm when they
forecast rain, with a total of .14 inches for the day. Weather.com has
a forecast that is almost the exact opposite, which means the weather
folks really have no idea what is going to happen on Saturday!
Historically Accuweather has been closer than Weather.com for our
weather, so I vote for nice weather with a couple hours with showers!
The only thing they DO agree on is that Saturday will be around 60
degrees and Sunday will be around 70 with much less chance of
inclement weather!

We will once again be setting up the tent in the Joust Arena to play
the Saints game on Sunday. Last weekend we had over 50 fans that
stopped by to watch the game, with lots of cheering at the end when
the Saints scored the winning field goal! Rest assured that if you
come by the festival this weekend you will still be able to keep an
eye on the Saints game!

There are still a few seats available for the final Queens tea for
this season! Join Princess Adorabelle and company (and her Majesty the
Queen of course!) for this three course Tea, complete with sandwiches,
scones, lemon tarts, cakes and other wonderful snacks! The Tea is $25
per seat, and a wonderful event for people of all ages. Advance
reservations are highly recommended, and can be made at
https://secure.la-renfest.com/ProductInfo.aspx?sku=10861

As has become our tradition for our Grand Finale weekend, we will be
offering a Fireworks Show beginning around 5:30pm on both Saturday and
Sunday. This year we have a new company putting on our fireworks
display with higher power fireworks than we have had in the past.
This will make our “Going out with a Bang” show even more fun and
enjoyable! They also assure me that the weather will not have any
impact on their ability to put on a fantastic demonstration!

I want to thank everyone that has visited throughout our season, and
hope that everyone gets a chance to make it out for our closing
weekend. Our goal is to leave you with fun memories of your visit that
will last until next year!

Rick Hight
LA RenFest