LRF Thanksgiving Weekend Newsletter

rhight57

Nov 24, 2010, 11:06:08 PM11/24/10
to LARF-ENewsletter
Hi everyone!

I want to thank all of you who came out and visited us last weekend.
It was a great send-off to the entertainers that were here for the
first part of our festival, and now it is time to welcome back the
Tortuga Twins and Ded Bob for the remainder of our season.

This weekend is our Harvest Huzzuh three day weekend, where we
celebrate family and friends. Come out and bring your family for a
great day of fun, entertainment and shopping. What a wonderful way to
start your Christmas Shopping, and as an added bonus all children 12
and younger get in free for the entire weekend! Why spend Black Friday
in a crowded store, when you can find such unique gifts at the
Renaissance Festival!

This Saturday we will have a special treat for music lovers. The
Lost Boys and Beth Patterson will have a concert onsite beginning at
7pm. The Lost Boys are a fun and energetic band. Come sing, dance, and
clap along to the music of the Ren Fab Four! For more information on
the Lost Boys visit their website at http://www.thelostboysonline.com/

Beth Patterson is a traditional Irish musician who has studied
ethnomusicology at University College Cork in Ireland. Join us as she
performs with her Irish bouzouki, a tear-shaped eight-string
instrument of Greek origin that became popular in Irish music in the
1960s. You can hear some of her music on her website at
http://www.littlebluemen.com/beth.asp

This concert will be held at the Queens Stage starting at 7pm.
Tickets for the concert are $15 each and will be sold at the festival
entrance gate beginning at 6:45. Tickets are $15 per person, with our
Friends of Faire members having complimentary admission to this event.

I want to thank the folks at WWL TV for their wonderful coverage of
our festival last week. We had lots of fun with them when they visited
our site. On Friday Dec 3rd we will be on the morning show on Fox 8,
and on Dec 1st we will be helping out the folks at the Louisiana
Corporation for Public Broadcasting with their annual fund raiser.

Thanks also to the folks at Hometown Productions that produced a
wonderful 14 minute video of our event. This gives a good overview of
our festival, and also has some great video of our site so you will
know what to expect when you visit. Who knows, maybe you will even see
friends and family in the background! Check out the video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLnWief1Jco

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, and I look forward to seeing you
this weekend!

Huzzah!!

Rick Hight
LA RenFest