LRF Week 3 ENewsletter

rhight57

Nov 20, 2009, 2:11:02 PM11/20/09
to LARF-ENewsletter
Hi everyone!
This has been a fun week! We had over 18,000 people from more than
200 different schools and groups that came out for our Student Day
program, and with the perfect weather we had it was a fantastic
experience! I want to thank everyone who helped make it such a fun and
entertaining week, and look forward to doing it again next year!

http://old.larf.org/SDJoust.JPG and http://old.larf.org/Joust11-19-09.jpg
are really nice photos of students at our Joust Arena watching the
jousters perform. We have more photos of our Student Day program
available at
http://gallery.me.com/alvon#100128&bgcolor=black&view=grid

We are approaching the mid-point of our show, which means that
several of our entertainers will be leaving to make room for new
entertainers for our second half. This will be the final weekend that
we will have the Flaming Idiots, the Buckle and Swash show and the New
Minstrel Revue here to entertain you. Just a reminder that the Flaming
Idiots performed on Broadway for several years, so this may be your
last chance to see a true Broadway Show on stage here in Louisiana for
the rest of the year!

I am looking at this weekend’s weather forecast and it looks like it
will be a cool weekend so make sure you bring your cloaks! Sunday will
be a nice day with lots of sun and a high of 66. Saturday morning
looks like it will be wet, but the current forecast looks like the
afternoon will improve with good weather getting here in the
afternoon. If you plan to arrive around noon you can see the Buckle
and Swash show at 12:30 and the New Minstrel Revue at 1:15, both that
are in the indoor stage at the Painted Badger tavern. Then you can see
the 2:30 Flaming Idiots show at the Kings Stage after the rain passes!
Don’t forget that we are a rain or shine event and all of shows
perform regardless of rain except for the Birds of Prey show.

Pigasus Books will be holding an Author Book Signing THIS WEEKEND
ONLY!
Kimberly Tony Korol-Evans, author of Renaissance Festivals: Marrying
the Past and Present, will join us at the Louisiana Renaissance
Festival this weekend!
Korol-Evans has worked at Faires as Performer and Merchant and is also
an independent scholar. Her book is a study of contemporary American
Renaissance fairs in which participants recreate sixteenth-century
England through performances of theater, combat-at-arms, processions,
street hawking, and meticulously faithful historical reconstructions
and the author uses her personal experience to illustrate the unique
world of Faires.
This Saturday and Sunday ONLY, meet author Kimberly Tony Korol-Evans
and get a personally inscribed copy of her book at Pigasus Books. You
can find Pigasus Books near the Maze just past Playford Lane and on
the way to the Kings Stage.

This weekend’s theme is Pirate Adventure! Come out and join us for
our third annual "Dress like a Pirate" weekend! We will hold a pirate
costume contest each afternoon at the Kings Stage to decide who is the
best dressed pirate! Stop by the souvenir booth on your way in and
pick up your free Pirate Eye-Patch while supplies last!

We were interviewed earlier this week for the "Around Town" TV Show
this weekend and provided them with some information about our
festival. If you get a chance check out the "Around Town" TV Show
this weekend, Saturday and Sunday morning at 8am on Cox 4 and 140 in
Baton Rouge and Lafayette, on Charter Louisiana channel 109 in the
North Shore and New Orleans area, Vision 41 and 77, RTC 152, KTC 14
along the southern coast, EATEL channel 135 in Ascension, on COX 21 at
9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. in East Baton Rouge Parish and 8:00 a.m. on
city channel COX 6 in St. Charles Parish. It will be interesting to
see what they cover!

I hope you have a most wonderful day, and we look forward to seeing
you this weekend!

Rick Hight

rhight57

Nov 20, 2009, 1:46:55 PM11/20/09