2011 Louisiana Renaissance Festival Cast Call

rhight57

Feb 25, 2011, 12:56:08 AM2/25/11
to LARF-ENewsletter
We will be holding our Open Cast Call for villagers and nobles on
Saturday March 12th from 9am to 2pm. We are looking for peasants and
nobles of all ages. No acting experience is required to join our cast;
all that is needed is a desire to have fun and a willingness to learn
how to interact with the public.

No experience needed but one must be willing to play and have fun.
Families, Friends, Actors, Musicians, Singers, and individuals are
welcome to attend as individuals or as a group.

The Open Cast Call will take place at the Renaissance Festival site,
located at 46468 River Road. Please arrive by 8:45 AM on Saturday
March 12th to give you time to get parked and be at the Painted Badger
Pub by 9:00 AM. Directional signs and/or people will be there to
direct you where to park and let you know how to get to the Painted
Badger Pub.

The meeting will begin with an explanation of what we are, what types
of characters we are looking for, and our expectations we have for our
cast and their characters. We will have a question and answer session
followed by individual/group interviews so we learn what past
experience you may have and make sure we answer all your questions.
After the interviews are completed we will teach some theatrical warm-
up exercises and begin some very basic training to ensure you have an
excellent idea of what we have to offer.

If you have never performed before and are interested in acting or
performing in live theater this is the perfect opportunity to begin.
We are an Interactive Theater which means our training process has
many benefits aside from becoming a performer. It also teaches skills
that build confidence in awkward situations, public speaking, and
making new friends. You will get the chance to learn acting along with
a little history, all while having fun.

For anyone with acting experience, the Louisiana Renaissance Festival
is an Interactive Theater which utilizes skills from both traditional
theater as well as improve theater. As a character of the Renaissance
Festival you will portray a historically based character that we will
help you create. You will learn to stay in character while
interacting with the public and with other cast members, including
people who are not portraying a character. This is one of the best
opportunities possible for improving and honing your acting skills.

We have training classes that will take place every month from now
through October, followed by the Renaissance Festival itself which is
open for six consecutive weekends in November and December. Training
classes will be held on the second Saturday of every month. Every
training class builds on material taught in prior classes, so you need
to plan to attend all of the training classes provided.

If you have any questions please send them to Robert Ward, our cast
director at CastDi...@larf.org

Rick Hight
LA RenFest