LA Renfest August ENewsletter

rhight57

Aug 13, 2010, 11:00:46 PM8/13/10
to LARF-ENewsletter
Hi everyone! We are now less than 85 days until our 2010 Season
Opening, and lots of things are going on at the festival site.

As you plan ahead, don’t forget that we are offering a 15% discount on
all admission tickets and Friends of Faire/Season Passes if purchased
by August 31st. Order now and save! Just visit https://secure.la-renfest.com
for both passes and individual tickets.

For those ordering Friends of Faire and Season Passes, I want to make
sure you are aware that they are issued on plastic cards and cannot be
printed at home. We will be printing out all the passes starting the
first week of October, and sending them out via the US Post Office.

Wine tasting tickets are also selling quickly: in fact two dates are
already fully sold out! Last year almost every date sold out well in
advance, so don’t miss this opportunity to experience this fantastic
event. For more information on the Wine Tasting, visit
http://www.larf.org/events/2010-wine-tasting-event

We are now starting to accept reservations for our Student Day
program, which is three weekdays when we open just for schools to join
us on field trips. We also have a new ENewsletter just for this
program that we will use to send out the latest updates, including
show schedules and special events taking place on these three dates.
For more information visit our Student Day Program website at
http://www.studentday.net or give our Student Day office a call at
877-327-6106.

Every year we have people ask if they can help prepare for our Season
Opening, so we hold a Fun Day for everyone that wants to come out and
give us a hand getting the site ready. This year we will have our Fun
Day on Saturday August 28th, from 10am until 5pm. We will finish the
day with by serving hamburgers, hot dogs and chips to everyone that
comes out. Everyone who works at least half the day will also be given
a complimentary admission ticket that can be used on any regular
festival day!

During this year’s Fun Day, we will be working on many different
things including building a new stage (and everyone who comes out will
get to learn who will be on the new stage!), building new trash cans
for the site, repairing fences, weed eating around the site, some
painting, and anything else that we can find that needs to be done.
Some of the projects require tools, so if you would like to bring
tools (especially cordless drills, hammers and weed eaters) it will
help a lot!

If you are planning to come out and help, please send me an email at
ri...@larf.org so I have an idea of how much food and drinks to have
ready. I am looking forward to seeing lots of friends, and having a
great day getting ready for our Season Opening.

Have a great weekend -- we look forward to seeing everyone soon!

Rick Hight