LRF Oct 19 ENewsletter

rhight57

Oct 19, 2009, 11:51:31 PM10/19/09
to LARF-ENewsletter
Hi everyone!
With only 18 days until our 2009 season opening things are getting
really busy out here with festival preparation! More folks are showing
up every day so we can everything ready for opening day on November
7th! We have several new buildings under construction including a new
kitchen by the Joust as well as new RV slips going into our patron
campground area. We also have a lot of landscaping taking place with
more than six flower beds being added in just the past week!

We will continue to accept advance reservations for our Student Day
program until November 10th. Keep in mind that payment is NOT required
when you make your reservation. Payment can be made at any time up to
and including the event date and if you have any extra tickets they
can be turned in for a refund when you arrive. We also allow tickets
to be purchased at the event on Student Day if you discover you don't
have enough. For more information on our Student Day program please
visit www.studentday.net or give us a call at 985-429-9992 x250. It is
one of the best field trips available in Louisiana!

Just a reminder that there are only 5 more days left to vote in our
2009 Festival Art Contest. We have received a lot of votes so far but
there is plenty of time for everyone else to check out the entries and
vote for their favorite! http://www.larf.org/artcontest is a link to
the entries so you can check them out!

Tickets are going fast for our Wine Tasting event. With a third of
our dates already sold out and others running low you need to make
sure you get your reservation made soon! Last year almost every date
was sold out in advance, and it looks like this year will be just as
busy! Visit http://www.larf.org/festival/winetasting.asp for more
information!

We are excited to announce that this season will mark the debut of a
brand new event: The Queens Tea. Each Sunday afternoon at 1:30 at the
new Queens Arms Pavilion, Princess Adorabelle will instruct guests in
the ways of charm and elegance as they enjoy a menu of assorted
gourmet flavored teas, delightful finger sandwiches, and scrumptious
pastries. The Queen herself will join to partake in this rich English
tradition and each guest will also receive a special gift. Tickets for
the Queens Tea are $25 per person and are available online. Seating is
limited and advance reservations are highly encouraged. For more
information about the Queens Tea, visit www.larf.org/queenstea.

Our 2009 Entertainment Stage Schedules have just been posted at
http://www.larf.org/festival/ShowScheduleStage.asp so you know when
and where our entertainers will appear. We also have all of our
merchants posted online at http://merchants.larf.org with a new search
feature to help you find out who carries your favorite items. These
two pages should help you plan your day of fun and merriment at the
Renaissance Festival!

We will be holding our final interviews for employees on Saturday
October 25th from 10am through 2pm. I have had several folks ask if
there are still any openings, and the answer is YES! As our merchants
arrive over the next two weeks many of them look for local folks to
work in their booths. When they come in and ask for assistance finding
people to work we let them review all our applications to help them
find the right person for their shop. If you are interested in working
at the Renaissance Festival this year please make sure to stop by this
Saturday!

Don't forget that our website at https://secure.la-renfest.com has
Friends of Faire, Season Passes and Tickets available online. Save
time by getting your tickets in passes in advance and avoid the lines
at the ticket booth!

Have a most wonderful day and I will be in touch again soon!

Rick Hight
LA Renaissance Festival