LRF Second Weekend and Student Day ENewsletter

rhight57

Nov 10, 2010, 7:01:50 PM11/10/10
to LARF-ENewsletter
Greetings! We have finished our opening weekend and what a wonderful
time it was! We enjoyed welcoming back our returning entertainers and
merchants and meeting the new ones that joined us this year. We also
had a beautiful Knighting Ceremony for a true war hero that reminded
us of how courageous the people that serve our country are. It was an
emotional ceremony that we will remember for a very long time.

Second Weekend Show Schedule

Joust Arena and Washer Well Stage
10:00 am Raptors go on Display (demo)
10:45 am Washing Well Wenches
11:30 am Falconry
12:30 pm Joust
1:30 pm Washing Well Wenches
2:15 pm Falconry
3:00 pm Joust
4:00 pm Washing Well Wenches

Kings Stage
10:30 am Bilge Pumps
11:15 am Fool Hearty
12:00 pm Bilge Pumps
12:45 pm Costume Contest
1:15 pm Fool Hearty
2:00 pm Bilge Pumps
3:15 pm Fool Hearty
4:00 pm Bilge Pumps

Queens Stage
11:00 am Robin Hood
11:45 am Paulo Garbanzo
1:00 pm Robin Hood
1:45 pm Paulo Garbanzo
3:30 pm Robin Hood
4:15 pm Paulo Garbanzo

Celtic Green Area
11:15 am Wandering Gypsy Theater
12:45 pm Peasant Court
1:15 pm Haggis Rampant
2:00 pm Wandering Gypsy Theater
3:15 pm Wandering Gypsy Theater
4:00 pm Haggis Rampant

Ordo Procintus Stage
11:00 am Jamison the Juggler
12:00 pm Hand to Hand Combat
2:00 pm Jamison the Juggler
3:30 pm Hand to Hand Combat

Haller Glassblowing Demonstrations
11:45 am, 1:00 pm and 2:30 pm

Painted Badger Pub
11:45 am Marc Gunn, celtic music
1:15 pm Bawdy Beautiful
1:45 pm Marc Gunn, celtic music
4:00 pm Marc Gunn, celtic music

Around the Festival Site
9:45 am Pre-opening Entrance Gate Show
10:00 am Opening Cannon Fires
12:15 pm Parade around lake
1:30 pm Queens Tea at the Queen's Arms
1:00 pm Wine Tasting at the Vardo
5:00 pm Closing Cannon Fires at the Dragon Watch Forge

This weekend’s special events!

Let loose at our Feast of Fools celebration this weekend!
Imagination and tomfoolery rule this weekend and folly is encouraged!
A Fantastical Costume Contest will be held on Saturday to find the
most interesting costume! This costume is open to ALL types of
costumes, as long as they are appropriate for family events!

This weekend's entertainment schedule is also available on our
website at http://www.larf.org/about-faire/about-faire

This weekend we also celebrate Veterans Day in honor of our troops!
All current military ID card holders save 50% on their tickets
purchased at the festival this weekend! Just present your ID at the
ticket booth to receive the discounted tickets. Limit of one discount
per ID presented.

We will also be giving a 50% discount to all Scouts that join us to
celebrate the contribution they have made over the years! The Scout
discount is available to every scout or leader who is wearing a scout
uniform or has some identification showing their affiliation with a
national scouting. Discounts only available for tickets purchased at
the ticket booth this weekend.

We are also offering free tent camping space to Scout groups that
would like to stay this weekend. If you are planning to come out
please let us know in advance so we have a good idea how many people
to plan for in our Scout area.

Here is an update with some information on our Student Day program.

Monday was the final day for us to receive payment for Student Day
orders that are being shipped out. The last prepaid orders went out
yesterday morning and should be arriving by the end of the week. All
the remaining orders will be held at our ticket booth and can be
picked up when you arrive next week.

Our High School day is almost full but we still have plenty of space
available on Nov 17th and Nov 18th. Reservations can be made online
until Midnight this Saturday November 13th and still receive the one
complimentary ticket for every ten tickets purchased.

If your school has reservations and parents decide at the last
minute that they would like to join your group as chaperones they can
purchase tickets at the ticket booth the day your school is attending.
These tickets will be $9.63 each, which includes sales tax. If
additional tickets are being purchased using a school check they will
be $9.00 each.

For everyone that preordered their lunches there will be one orange
lunch ticket for each lunch purchased. These lunches will be handed
out at the yellow and white food/drink booth located near the joust
arena. The lunches can be picked up either as a group by or
individually, but an orange lunch ticket will be required for every
lunch picked up. There are also six food booths around the festival
site that will offer food on our Student Days in addition to our bag
lunch program.

We have our scavenger hunt question and answer list available for
teachers. If you want a copy emailed to you please send your request
to Ri...@larf.org and make sure you include your SDS Order Number so we
can validate that the answers only go out to teachers.

If you have any unanswered questions about our Student Day program
please give us a call at 877-327-6106 or email them to
stude...@larf.org and we will get you the information you need.

For teachers and students, here is the Student Day Program Show
Schedule for next week

JOUST ARENA 10:00 Falconry 10:30 Washing Well Wenches 11:00 Joust (not
crowded) 11:45 Washing Well Wenches 12:30 Falconry 1:00 Joust (the
crowded show)

KING STAGE 9:15 Fool Hearty 9:45 Gypsy Theater 10:15 Fool Hearty 11:00
Gypsy Theater 11:45 Fool Hearty 12:30 Gypsy Theater

QUEENS STAGE 9:00 Robin Hood 9:45 Paolo Garbanzo 10:30 Robin Hood
11:15 Paolo Garbanzo 12:00 Robin Hood 12:45 Paolo Garbanzo

HALLER GLASS BLOWING 10:00 Glass Blowing Demonstration 12:15 Glass
Blowing Demonstration

PAINTED BADGER 9:30 Wiles Wenches 10:00 Marc Gunn 10:30 Wiles Wenches
11:00 History of the Lute 11:30 Marc Gunn 12:15 Wiles Wenches 1:00
Marc Gunn

ORDO PROCINTUS 9:15 Jamison the Juggler 10:45 Jamison the Juggler
12:15 Jamison the Juggler

HOBGOBLIN HILL PUPPETS (not performing all days) 9:15 Puppet Show
10:00 Puppet Show 12:15 Puppet Show

CELTIC GREEN 10:00 Faulkner Magic 11:00 Faulkner Magic 12:00 Faulkner
Magic

ALL DAY DEMONSTRATIONS 9:00am -2:00pm RAPTORS ON DISPLAY (falcons,
etc) at the Joust Arena when not flying. 9:15 am – 2:00 pm
BLACKSMITHING at the Dragon Watch Forge 9:15 am – 2:00 pm COOPERSMITH
wooden barrel making next to the Dragon Watch Forge 9:30 am -1:45 pm
EVERYDAY VILLAGE LIFE at the Dripping Dog Inn (cooking, candles, etc).

That's about it for this weekend. Have a great day and I look forward
to seeing everyone soon!

Rick Hight
LA RenFest