LRF Week 2 ENewsletter

rhight57

Nov 12, 2009, 10:47:24 PM11/12/09
to LARF-ENewsletter
Greetings everyone! I want to thank everyone that came out for our
opening weekend! We had lots of fun and excitement, with lots of
compliments on changes that we have made to the site. It kept us so
busy getting everything ready that I missed sending out my ENewsletter
last week! I have LOTS of stuff to tell you about, so lets get
started!

Perfect weather for a festival!
I just checked the weather forecast for this weekend and it is
beautiful! Saturday and Sunday have a high in the upper 70’s, and
basically no chance of rain. If you are looking for perfect weather
for your visit, this is the weekend for you!

The theme for this weekend is Feast of Fools!
This weekend we let everyone’s imagination run wile with our Feast of
Fools celebration. Imagination and tomfoolery rule this weekend and
folly is encouraged! A Fantastical Costume Contest will be held on
Saturday at 3:15 at the Kings Stage, and the audience will get to
decide who has the most interesting costume! This costume contest is
open to ALL types of costumes, as long as they are appropriate for
family events!

This is also our Veterans Day and Scouts Weekend
This weekend we celebrate Veterans Day in honor of our troops! All
military ID card holders will receive a 50% on single day tickets
purchased at the festival this weekend! We are also offering the same
discount to all Scouts that join us to celebrate the contribution they
have made over the years! Scouts {including leaders} must be in Scout
uniforms or provide proof of affiliation with a national scouting
program. We will also be offering free American Flag pins to the first
500 folks that arrive on both Saturday and Sunday!

Next week is our 8th Annual Student Day program!
We will be open on Tuesday November 17th, Wednesday November 18th, and
Thursday November 19th for our Student Day program. The gates open at
9am and will close at 2pm on each day. This year we have thousands of
students from Louisiana and Mississippi that will be joining us, and
it’s not too late for your students to attend! While we are no longer
accepting advance orders we still have ample room available for
students to join in! Tickets will be available for purchase at the
gate on all three dates for $9.00 (plus tax). For additional
information on this program visit
http://www.studentday.net

Check out the Queens Tea this Sunday!
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our very first Queen’s Tea at
the new Queen’s Arms Pavilion this past Sunday afternoon! Princess
Adorabelle, Lady Helena, and their servant Nikki are truly looking
forward to the next Tea this Sunday afternoon and would love for you
to join them as they learn the ways of grace and charm so that they
may properly entertain the Queen upon her arrival. The Queen's Tea is
held every Sunday afternoon at 1:30 at the Queen's Arms Pavilion,
which is located near the intersection of Blacksmith Way and Village
Commons, just beyond Pipers Pub. There are still a few seats left for
this week's Tea, as well as seats available at dates later in the
season. Tickets are $25 per person. There is limited seating
available so advance reservations are highly encouraged. Tickets may
be purchased online at
https://secure.la-renfest.com/Products.aspx?cat=56

2009 Art Contest Winners
I want to thank all the people that submitted artwork for our first
Art Contest. We had a lot of people submit votes for their favorite
entries, and ended up being a very close contest! I want to
congratulate Samantha H. who submitted the winning entry which she
titled “You want a piece of me?” (Entry #1). I would also like to
congratulate Wilson R. who submitted entry #2, which receives our
Honorable Mention award. I will be contacting our winners in the next
few days. If you would like to see the winning entries they are
available at
http://old.larf.org/artcontest

Travel safely and I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

Rick Hight
Louisiana Renaissance Festival