{LARF ENewsletter} LRF May ENewsletter

rhight57

May 3, 2010, 12:05:34 AM5/3/10
to LARF-ENewsletter
Hi everyone!
We have another special event happening next weekend to let you know
about. The Krewe de Jeanne D'Arc will be presenting the Joys of
Spring Music Party this Saturday, May 8th at the Deutsches Haus, 200
S. Galvez, New Orleans, LA.

This event will be commemorating the lifting of the Siege of Orleans
by St. Joan and the Renaissance of the City of New Orleans! Several
different events will be taking place throughtout the day. Here is the
schedule of events for this Saturday.

10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Medieval Costume Workshop with Antoinette de
Alteriis, official costume consultant/designer for the Krewe de Jeanne
d'Arc. Sewing machines, equipment, consultation, patterns, some trim
and accessories provided. $20 per person. Bring your own fabric/
materials and leave with costume completed. To sign up for the
workshop and to receive pre-workshop consultation re: fabric and
materials, email dealt...@bellsouth.net. Space limited. Proceeds
benefit The Joan of Arc Project. ($20)

4:00 PM to 6:00 PM Renaissance Dance Workshop - An introduction to
the art of dance presented by early music and dance authority Michael
Garter, artistic director of Wolgemut. ($5)

6:00 PM Enjoy the wonderful German food at Deutsches Haus ($ varies)

MUSIC PARTY ($10 at door, $8 in advance)

7:00 PM Celtic Music with Marc Gunn
8:00 PM Michael Gartner and Wolgemut

Family-Friendly, free safe parking, affordable fun!
Deutsches Haus - 200 S. Galvez - New Orleans, LA
Advance tickets available for the music party at https://secure.la-renfest.com

--------

We are now accepting applications for merchants for this year's event.
We are looking for unique hand crafted items, especially footwear (NOT
including boots!) We only have a few openings to fill this year so we
recommend anyone interested in joining our event send in their
application as soon as possible. Our application can be found online
at
http://www.larf.net/sites/default/files/2010merapp.pdf

--------

For folks that follow us on Facebook we have two possible links to
keep up with our events. Our original link has almost reached the
maximum number of folks that can sign up, so we need to do some
housekeeping to allow new folks to receive our information.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hammond-LA/Louisiana-Renaissance-Festival/164641357601
is the link to our business page, which does not have a limit of how
many people can sign up. For all of our existing Facebook Friends we
would appreciate it if you would link to our business page and share
that link with your friends in the future!

As always, safe travels to everyone and we will be back in touch next
month!

Rick Hight
Louisiana Renaissance Festival