Advice on taking "IA&PM" and "Planning and Design" at the same time?

MWayne12

Apr 18, 2024, 12:56:24 PMApr 18
to LARE Exam
Hi all, I am asking this for my friend (I am also curious). She is planning to do two sections at the same time cuz she was highly recommended on this by someone.

I know many people did old section 2&3, the new "Inventory Analysis & PM" & "Planning and Design" together within one exam session. How was your result? And could you share some tips on studying these two sections at the same time? How long did you prepare for two sections? I hear that there are quite a few overlaps of these two sections.

I just finished my first LARE - IA&PM last week, and don't feel good about it... I think my study method wasn't the that right. The real test gave me a lot of detailed and tricky questions. If I failed, I might also consider redo IA&PM this August and do Planning and Design at the same time with my friend.

Vincent Yi

Apr 23, 2024, 1:25:21 PMApr 23
to LARE Exam
that's what i did last nov-dec. there's way more overlap between the two than there should be. i would say 60% of the exams are on the same topics. I just used the lareprep study guides and passed both. I will also add I do alot more planning/urban design in my job and absolutely no construction admin/spec writing and am feeling it now after taking the construction adminstration and documentation test this past session