Can larch deal with IMAP Prefix (e.g. INBOX.)?

ps

Jan 12, 2011, 6:22:59 AM1/12/11
to larch
Hi,

I have the following in my dovecot configuration:

namespace private {
prefix = INBOX.
inbox = yes
}

This sets the IMAP Prefix to "INBOX", I put it there to transition
from Courier-IMAP withouth requiring the users to change their
mailclients' settings.

Anyways, this stops larch from working properly. It start it like
this:
./larch --from imaps://imap.gmail.com --to imap://xyz.net --exclude
Spam Trash Drafts "[Gmail]/*" --all

It connects to gmail, logs in at my server and then spits out the
following lines and exits:
[Jan 12 12:07:07] [info] us...@xyz.net: creating mailbox: foldername
[Jan 12 12:07:07] [info] us...@xyz.net: Net::IMAP::NoResponseError:
Unknown namespace. (will retry)
[Jan 12 12:07:08] [info] us...@xyz.net: Net::IMAP::NoResponseError:
Unknown namespace. (will retry)
[Jan 12 12:07:10] [info] us...@xyz.net: Net::IMAP::NoResponseError:
Unknown namespace. (will retry)
[Jan 12 12:07:13] [fatal] Net::IMAP::NoResponseError: Unknown
namespace. (giving up)
[Jan 12 12:07:13] [info] 0 message(s) copied, 0 failed, 0 untouched
out of 0 total

If I remove the "prefix = INBOX." line from my dovecot.conf, it works
perfectly. But I cannot do that because I don't want to force all my
users to change their mailclients' settings.

Is there any possibility to indicate this prefix to larch? I *think*
it would suffice to simply prepend all folder names with "INBOX.", but
I'm not knowledeable enough to say for sure.

I tried to add the prefix to the URI (--to imap://xyz.net/INBOX.) ,
but that didn't change anything.

Any input is appreciated :-)

Ryan Grove

Jan 12, 2011, 12:55:36 PM1/12/11
to la...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:22 AM, ps <pschl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I remove the "prefix = INBOX." line from my dovecot.conf, it works
> perfectly. But I cannot do that because I don't want to force all my
> users to change their mailclients' settings.
>
> Is there any possibility to indicate this prefix to larch? I *think*
> it would suffice to simply prepend all folder names with "INBOX.", but
> I'm not knowledeable enough to say for sure.

Larch doesn't currently support a global prefix, but this does sound
like an important feature to add.

- Ryan

Shaun Martin

Oct 23, 2013, 2:48:01 AM10/23/13
to la...@googlegroups.com
This is absolutely a must-have feature. Complete deal-breaker for me.