Error: Invalid UID Fetch Attribute

Ryan Kenny

Dec 20, 2013, 11:24:57 AM12/20/13
to la...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

This group seems to have gone quiet, but worth a shot anyway, especially since Larch seems like exactly the tool I was looking for and will hopefully save hours of click-and-drag tedium.

After a couple of successful test runs on smaller folders, I set it loose on my inbox. The next day it had successfully copied about 16,000 message, but reported about 400 fails, so I ran it again to see if it could pick up the failed messages on the second pass, but no luck. I keep getting the error "Net::IMPA::BadResponseError: Invalid UID Fetch attribute" - can anyone tell me what this means or how to fix it?

Ryan Grove

Dec 20, 2013, 12:20:28 PM12/20/13
to la...@googlegroups.com
Can you run Larch with `--verbosity insane` to produce an IMAP log, then scrub your username and password out of the log and share the portion where this error occurs?

It could be a server bug or a Larch bug, but I haven't seen this error before.

You might also try copying those messages with Thunderbird or another IMAP client and see if that succeeds.

- Ryan

Ryan Kenny

Jan 8, 2014, 12:10:47 PM1/8/14
to la...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for getting back, I was tinkering over the holidays and the problem seems to have disappeared - almost certainly something on my end (I suspect some interference from my antivirus, which was recently updated)

Thanks for your help though - it's a fantastic tool. I have got one other question about labeling in Gmail, but I'll post that in a fresh thread, just to keep things tidy.

- Ryan