Larcan Amps from KENS, San Antonio

Bob, K1IW

Jan 9, 2018, 10:34:12 PM1/9/18
to Larcan 6m Amplifiers
MMRA received a number of these amps from KCWS in San Antonio.  They were also the former owner
of KENS (analog channel 5) in San Antonio.  These boards are from their analog transmitter.

They wouldn't tell us what happened to them, but there were an unusually high number of boards with
blown fuses and/or transistors.

We sold the ones with all good transistors.  We currently have 4 boards left with 1 bad transistor, and
3 boards left with 2 bad transistors.  We will sell you these boards with replacement transistors from
other boards that we decided to scrap.  For the trouble of you having to put the replacements on the
board, you can save some money:

Prices include shipping:

Board with 1 bad transistor  + 1 harvested replacement     $270 includes shipping
Board with 2 bad transistors + 2 harvested replacements   $240 includes shipping

We also have a number of brand new MRF151G transistors which can be purchased
for $70 each.

We also have a number of the large heatsinks which are $10 + shipping which is generally
around $20.

We also have a number of other parts from the scrapped boards.  If  you need anything,
let me know.  We'll ship the parts to you for a reasonable donation to our club.

We can accept payment by check or Paypal.  If you are interested, please contact
me off list  k1...@mmra.org

As always, there is more info on our website:  http://www.mmra.org/larcans

73,
Bob - K1IW

Bob, K1IW

Jan 9, 2018, 10:50:34 PM1/9/18
to Larcan 6m Amplifiers
Correction to pricing...

The total comes to $270 for either option (1 bad or 2 bad).

Board with 1 bad transistor  + 1 harvested replacement     $270 includes shipping
Board with 2 bad transistors + 2 harvested replacements   $270 includes shipping

Robin Midgett

Jan 10, 2018, 10:32:27 AM1/10/18
to larcan-6m-...@googlegroups.com

Robin Midgett K4IDC