Output V from Larcan Onboard Directional Coupler

k2ors

Mar 13, 2014, 3:38:31 PM3/13/14
to larcan-6m-...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking to use the Larcan's onboard directional coupler reflected output to drive a W6PQL amplifier control board for high SWR shutdown.
The W6PQL board is looking for something like 1 volt (adjustable).

1) How can I figure out how the voltage coming from the onboard directional coupler varies with swr without subjecting the Larcan to a potentially dangerous high swr?

2) I plan on combining the outputs from 2 Larcan amps in a Wilkinson combiner,  what is the best way of combining the reflected power voltage from the directional couplers on each amp to trigger the swr shutdown on the W6PQL board?
Would simple diodes provide isolation or should I feed the voltages into a comparator?

Nothing useful in terms of actual voltages found in the Larcan manual.

Thanks!

Warren K2ORS