Re: 2 mtr. EME from TJ

Lance Collister, W7GJ

May 14, 2014, 10:26:46 AM5/14/14
to Harry de Jong, Moon-net Amateur Radio Moonbounce, 144 MHz moonbounce, larcan-6m-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harry,

MNI TNX for your email! Wow - it sure was a long time ago that I sent you the QSL
card for EME reception!

I agree that 2m EME with 40 is virtually impossible, even with the extra 10 dB
sensitivity from JT65 mode. But 40w is enough power to drive a tube or solid state
amplifier. In fact, may solid state amplifiers require less than 10w drive. As you
know, I have provided solid state amplifiers to 6m hams in 13 countries:

http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/HarrisAmps.htm

However, I have not been involved with any such amplifiers for 2m. I am forwarding
this email to several other groups in the hope that someone else can help Thomas get
on 2m EME. GL and TNX for your help with Thomas!

VY 73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ
(ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M, TX5K)

page (above)!

Peter Sumner

May 14, 2014, 10:38:32 PM5/14/14
to larcan-6m-...@googlegroups.com

In Australia there is a source of ex tv transmitter power amps that will run 300 watts all day (NEC v360) these want a stiff 28 volt supply but are solidly made. Freight may be the biggest cost for one.

Regards
Peter vk5pj.

On 14/05/2014 11:56 PM, "Lance Collister, W7GJ" <w7...@q.com> wrote:
[...]

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the Magic Band EME
page (above)!