Larcan Models

Dave

Dec 27, 2016, 5:53:53 PM12/27/16
to Larcan 6m Amplifiers
I have a Larcan amplifier but can't find information as to which band it's for or a manual that includes the correct model numbers. The number on the chassis are 40D1173P1 Rev 21 and on the boards 40D1208 Rev 5 and 40D1211 Rev 4. I'd like to try to get it on the air this winter so any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave
KA2OQZ

Peter Sumner

Dec 28, 2016, 2:46:33 AM12/28/16
to larcan-6m-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dave,
  those numbers do not correspond to anything I have here in the copied manuals or indeed the boards themselves. (all 1KW LO and LO-MID modules here)

Are these board the 1KW (4 FET's) or the 1.5KW (6 FET's) modules?  if they are indeed the 1KW modules then they would appear to be some thing I have not seen down in VK as yet.

Regards,
Peter VK5PJ

Warren Stone

Dec 28, 2016, 11:18:10 AM12/28/16
to Larcan 6m Amplifiers
Check pictures on my page.
Http://members.rennlist.org/warren/larcanps.html

Send a picture and it's easy to tell what you have.

Dave

Dec 28, 2016, 2:52:23 PM12/28/16
to Larcan 6m Amplifiers
I haven't cracked the case yet but I'm pretty sure it's 4 FET's and it is the channel 11 module. I was hoping to get it running on the 220 MHZ band. I'm sure it will run as is but was hoping to find the manuals and find out if it needed any tweeks to optimize it.

Thanks,
Dave
KA2OQZ

Dave

Dec 28, 2016, 2:59:02 PM12/28/16
to Larcan 6m Amplifiers
Actually ignore that. I'm trying to find the details for a Harris channel 11 until also which is what I was looking at when I typed the reply. The one I posted here is the 4 FET Larcan and I was told it was good for 6 meters. Too many projects :-(