fall film series

scribe

Jul 14, 2009, 11:42:21 AM7/14/09
to laramie film society discussions
Here are some films being considered for the fall film series:

Away We Go
Hurt Locker
Moon
Sunshine Cleaning
Sin Nombre
Easy Virtue
Whatever Works
500 Days of Summer
Adam
Taking Woodstock
Rudo Y Cursi

Hurt Locker is a war film and the owners of the Wyo Theatre are leery
of any war film. Is that justified, or do you think there is support
for war films or any of these films? By the way, Sunshine Cleaning
will be out on video prior to the start of the series.

The window of opportunity to show films prior to video release keeps
getting smaller for mid-run theaters like the Wyo. In some cases,
video and commercial release are now simultaneous.

R.

Jul 14, 2009, 3:16:40 PM7/14/09
to laramie film society discussions
here are my suggestions for the Fall series:

Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (Miyazaki)
Blood: The Last Vampire
Cheri
Food, Inc.
Tetro
In the Loop
The Girl from Monaco
Il Divo
Tyson
Anvil! The Story of Anvil

My opinion on the 'Hurt Locker' is that I'd want to see it because
while it takes place during the war, it seems largely character
driven
as well.. but I'm thinking Translux (Storyteller) will probably pick
it up before the film series shows it.

I'd definitely love to see "Moon" and "Sin Nombre"!