No free film on Sunday

1 view

scribe

Jul 3, 2010, 3:21:05 PM7/3/10
to laramie film society discussions
Greetings fellow film fans:

I've had some trouble sending messages this week on Topica, so I'm
sending the message out here as well. My first two attempts to send
message on the Topica LFS announcement list didn't get through for
some reason. I think the third time was the charm, but just in case,
here it goes again:

There will be no movie Sunday night at the County Library due to the
July 4 holiday. The next movie in the Not Shown Before at a Theater
Near You film series will be July 11, our annual Jubilee Days Western,
"Ride the High Country," starring Randolph Scott and Joel McCrea,
directed by Sam Peckinpah.

For a poster with the schedule of free Sunday movies, send me an email
requesting one and I'll send you the MS Word files.

We will probably be showing some silent films downtown next Friday. We
have a new one, "An Eastern Westerner," starring Harold Lloyd (most
famous for hanging off a big clock face high in the air in "Safety
Last") to go with old reliables "Easy Street" starring Charlie Chaplin
and "The Goat," starring Buster Keaton.

Anyone interested in helping with set up, carrying equipment, showing
movies, etc. for this event, contact me. We usually set up at about
8:30 p.m. and quit showing movies at 11 p.m.

The guy at El Zarape has agreed to let us use his catering truck as a
projecor platform. Show El Zarape some love. They have good food, too.
I'll contact Cross Country Connection (they provide us with
electricity) and the Music Box (we use their wall to show the movies
on) for their cooperation as well. They've been good to us in the
past.

It appears that the Fox Storyteller Cinema in Laramie is now equipped
with two 3D-capable auditoriums, numbers 2 and 5. The newest one is
down at the end of the hall and to the left. That's where they are
showing Toy Story 3 in 3D. The theater should now be able to show two
3D movies at once, which is handy because 3D movies are becoming more
common. There are three movies in Laramie now that were originally
released in 3D format, "Clash of the Titans," "The Last Airbender" and
"Toy Story 3." Only one, Toy Story, is being shown in 3D right now.
"Clash of the Titans" was previously shown in Laramie in 3D.

"What is art but a way of seeing?"
-- Thomas Berger, writer (1924- )
Robert Roten
ro...@lariat.org