upcoming movies

Robert Roten

Jan 3, 2024, 2:20:15 PMJan 3
to Laramie Film Society announcements

Greetings fellow film fans:
I did not send out an email last week since all the movies were the same as listed the week before. Only one new movie arrives in town this week, the Blumhouse horror film, "Night Swim".

Awards hopefuls still in town are the sports drama "The Iron Claw" and the musical drama "The Color Purple".

Some good movies in town include "Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom", "The Iron Claw",  "The Color Purple" and "Wonka".

Check the local theater web pages (links below) to see information about upcoming movie schedules, because the lists below do not include limited run showings in town this week, like "Airplane" (1980) as well as some other Fathom Events, TCM anniversary showings, sports events, concerts, operas, etc. Check the following web pages often to find these and other special showings:

https://www.regmovies.com/theatres/regal-fox-theater/
https://wyomovies.com/showtimes/
https://pages.wyomovies.com/flashback/

Movies now playing at the Regal Fox Theater 6, 505 S. 20th, Laramie
(with critics ratings):
Anyone But You -- C
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom -- B
The Color Purple -- B
The Iron Claw -- B
Migration -- C+
Wonka -- B

Opening Thursday, January 4 at the Regal Fox Theater:
Night Swim -- C

Closing at the Regal Fox Theater (last shows on Thursday, January 4)
The Iron Claw -- B

Now playing at the Studio City UW+ARQ® Theater, 2433 E. Grand (with critics ratings):
Anyone But You -- C
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom -- B
The Boys in the Boat -- C+
The Color Purple -- B
Ferrari -- C+
The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes -- C+
The Iron Claw -- B
Migration -- C
Wonka -- B

Opening Thursday, January 4 at Studio City:
Night Swim -- C

New movie videos for sale this week (with critics' ratings):
The Agnostic -- C
Condition of Return -- C
The Holdovers -- A
The Marsh King's Daughter -- C
Spector -- B (documentary)

Here is a list of some good 2023 movies that have not yet been shown in Laramie theaters and how you can see them now:

American Symphony -- A (Netflix)
Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget -- B (Netflix)
20 Days in Mariupol -- A (free on YouTube)
The Holdovers -- A (Peacock Premium)
Blackberry -- B+ (AMC+ Apple TV)
How to Blow Up a Pipeline -- B (Hulu)
The Killer -- B (Netflix)
Nimona -- B (Netflix)
Maestro -- B (Netflix)
May December -- B+ (Netflix)
Nyad -- B (Netflix)
Past Lives -- A (for online rent or purchase only at this time)
Rye Lane -- A (Hulu)
Shooting Stars -- B (Peacock Premium, DVD purchase or rental)
Sisu -- B (Starz, or DVD purchase or rental)
Still: A Michael J. Fox Story -- A (Apple TV+)
The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar -- A (Netflix, a Wes Anderson--Roald Dahl short film)
You Hurt My Feelings -- B (for online rent or purchase only at this time)

Thanks to our sponsors, The Alibi Pub Wood Fire Pizzeria and Bakery, the Mizu Sushi restaurant and The Pedal House, supporting all Laramie Film Society activities.
"They (health care workers) truly are the best of us. And their
compassion and their true acts of service are a call to action for all
of us.
"We need to ensure that governments around the world step up now and
provide health care workers with the equipment, with the funds, with the
support they need."
-- Oprah Winfrey, media executive, actress, talk show host, movie
producer, and philanthropist (b. 1954)
--  Robert Roten, movie guru, journalist and curmudgeon
http://www.lariat.org/AtTheMovies/index.html --