Re: Moving the mailing list

Ritesh Raj Sarraf

Jan 21, 2016, 2:45:09 AM1/21/16
to Laptop Mode and Laptop Mode Tools mailing list, Bart Samwel, laptop-m...@googlegroups.com
I knew this concern might come. I'm glad it was stated early

Over IRC, today morning, a user complained that one cannot access
Google Groups without Javascript.

For registrations, you can definitely get registered with just the
email interface:

Procedure to join Google Groups without creating a Google account:

Look for group email address in the heading of “Group email”, it will
look like: Group email (Group Name)@googlegroups.com or visit the group
web page on Google Groups, and click on “About this group”.

Send an email to (Group Name)+subs...@googlegroups.com. +subscribe is
the key, which is appended to the end of group’s email address. (Group
Name) is the name of the group. Space is substituted by “-” (hyphen).

That should initiate your subscription.

As for accessing the content, eventually I'll also ask the GMane folks
to create a bi-directional map with this group. Then, as people see
fit, can use either of the interface.

I hope this should serve everyone and also ensure that user freedom is
there.

Hope that helps.

Ritesh

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com

signature.asc

Bart Samwel

May 3, 2016, 1:20:27 PM5/3/16
to r...@researchut.com, Laptop Mode and Laptop Mode Tools mailing list, laptop-m...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I have sent all members of this mailing list an invite to the new group. The old mailing list will stop accepting new submissions shortly. (The server hosting it is from 2006 and has to be shut down.)

Thanks,
Bart