Extension cords for Saturday

Skip Da Shu

Jun 14, 2010, 6:48:56 PM6/14/10
to Linux Against Poverty 2010
WHO is brining 50~100ft heavy orange cords Saturday?

Not sure we have this covered so wanna get it covered now.

I have 1 I can bring that's 50~75ft.
Ken has a 50ft he's bringing.

Lynn Bender

Jun 14, 2010, 6:54:55 PM6/14/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
I have a few 100ft extns in my trunk.
--
-Lynn Bender
http://geekaustin.org

Alex Thurlow

Jun 14, 2010, 6:59:23 PM6/14/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
I have a 50ft. Heavy duty and a 100ft normal (14GA?) one.

Skip Guenter

Jun 14, 2010, 7:04:04 PM6/14/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Define "a few"?

Thinking we need a total of 8 to be safe and keep any one from getting warm.

Ken 1 50 ft
Skip 1 75ft
Alex 1 50, 1 100ft
Lynn ? 100ft.

If that comes up to 8... I'll call off my pricing trip to Home Depot.

Skip

--
"A child's exposure to technology should never be predicated on an ability to afford it."

Antares Pacheco

Jun 14, 2010, 7:38:13 PM6/14/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
I also have a 100' standard orange grounded extension cord I could bring.

Antares
--
Antares

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle.

Skip Guenter

Jun 14, 2010, 9:07:01 PM6/14/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like we are *there* then. I just picked up a 16awg(10A) 100' at
Depot.

Antares Pacheco wrote:
> I also have a 100' standard orange grounded extension cord I could bring.
>
> Antares
>
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Skip Guenter <sgue...@austin.rr.com
> <mailto:sgue...@austin.rr.com>> wrote:
>
> Define "a few"?
>
> Thinking we need a total of 8 to be safe and keep any one from
> getting warm.
>
> Ken 1 50 ft
> Skip 1 75ft
> Alex 1 50, 1 100ft
> Lynn ? 100ft.
> If that comes up to 8... I'll call off my pricing trip to Home Depot.
>
> Skip
>
> Lynn Bender wrote:
>
> I have a few 100ft extns in my trunk.
>
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Skip Da Shu
> <sgue...@austin.rr.com <mailto:sgue...@austin.rr.com>

> <mailto:sgue...@austin.rr.com

Jim Stallworth

Jun 15, 2010, 12:37:52 AM6/15/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
I'll through one in the trunk and bring it. Better to have and not
need......

Jim

Lynn Bender

Jun 15, 2010, 12:42:11 AM6/15/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
I'll bring some white tape so we can label them
-- so no one loses the one they brought.

Skip Guenter

Jun 15, 2010, 1:13:09 AM6/15/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Right-o

Mark T. is doing same.

Thanx all, Skip

Skip Guenter

Jun 15, 2010, 1:13:45 AM6/15/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
ooooohhh, yea, nice idea.

Lynn Bender wrote:
> I'll bring some white tape so we can label them
> -- so no one loses the one they brought.
>
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Jim Stallworth
> <jim.sta...@gmail.com <mailto:jim.sta...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> I'll through one in the trunk and bring it. Better to have and
> not need......
>
> Jim
>

> On Jun 14, 2010, at 8:07 PM, Skip Guenter wrote:
>
> Sounds like we are *there* then. I just picked up a
> 16awg(10A) 100' at Depot.
>
> Antares Pacheco wrote:
>
> I also have a 100' standard orange grounded extension cord
> I could bring.
>
> Antares
>
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Skip Guenter
> <sgue...@austin.rr.com <mailto:sgue...@austin.rr.com>

Frank Robinson

Jun 15, 2010, 10:12:30 AM6/15/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
I can bring a 100 footer, not real heavy.
--
Frank Robinson
Web Developer

Laura Carbonneau

Jun 15, 2010, 3:23:45 PM6/15/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Ken/Lynn

Does everyone volunteering need to show up at 11 am on Sat? What is the plan?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

helios

Jun 16, 2010, 9:01:08 AM6/16/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com

It would probably be helpful but not necessary.  We need about 30 minutes for setup so whether too many people get in the way or not is not remembered from last year.  Between 11 and 1130 is probably good.

Ken
A child's exposure to technology should never be predicated on an ability to pay for it.

Lynn Bender

Jun 16, 2010, 9:42:57 AM6/16/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
11:00AM is the time I have been advertising everywhere.

Last year it went surprisingly well. Some folks moved furniture. Others brought in computers from the truck.

A little chaos, but not too much.

-Lynn

mahitsense mahi

Jun 18, 2010, 10:43:21 AM6/18/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Some how I couldn't able to find the address to visit the event. Some body please email me the address.

-Narasimha

Skip Guenter

Jun 18, 2010, 11:28:40 AM6/18/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
612 W. 6th Street
Austin, TX 78701
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=612+w+6th+street,+78701&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=35.082817,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=612+W+6th+St,+Austin,+Travis,+Texas+78701&z=16>

> <mailto:robinso...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> I can bring a 100 footer, not real heavy.
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Skip Guenter

>> <sgue...@austin.rr.com <mailto:sgue...@austin.rr.com>>

>> wrote:
>>
>> ooooohhh, yea, nice idea.
>>
>> Lynn Bender wrote:
>>
>> I'll bring some white tape so we can label them
>> -- so no one loses the one they brought.
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Jim Stallworth
>> <jim.sta...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:jim.sta...@gmail.com>

>> <mailto:jim.sta...@gmail.com

>> <mailto:jim.sta...@gmail.com>>> wrote:
>>
>> I'll through one in the trunk and bring it.
>> Better to have and
>> not need......
>>
>> Jim
>>

>> On Jun 14, 2010, at 8:07 PM, Skip Guenter wrote:
>>
>> Sounds like we are *there* then. I just
>> picked up a
>> 16awg(10A) 100' at Depot.
>>
>> Antares Pacheco wrote:
>>
>> I also have a 100' standard orange
>> grounded extension cord
>> I could bring.
>>
>> Antares
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Skip
>> Guenter
>> <sgue...@austin.rr.com
>> <mailto:sgue...@austin.rr.com>
>> <mailto:sgue...@austin.rr.com
>> <mailto:sgue...@austin.rr.com>>

Jim Stallworth

Jun 19, 2010, 1:35:02 AM6/19/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Recommendations on parking?

Should we park on the street, or is there a lot that would be better?
It's been a while since I was down there.......

Jim

Roy Hall

Jun 19, 2010, 1:53:36 AM6/19/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
There's meters close to there that are free, but I think since they
out source them there maybe a 3 hour limit now. There's also a $5/7
parking lot just up the street from union park. Those are my
recommendations.

--
Sent from my mobile device

Skip Guenter

Jun 19, 2010, 4:39:57 AM6/19/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
shoot for lot out back but last year I got lucky and parked on street
right across from the door.

Don Davis

Jun 19, 2010, 8:50:57 AM6/19/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Aren't the meters off on the weekend?

Michael Collins

Jun 19, 2010, 10:27:27 AM6/19/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Hmmmm.  Seems a test this is.  Of young jedi.
Michael H. Collins

OpenAuk.com