Driver for LAP

helios

Jun 12, 2010, 11:33:38 AM6/12/10
to Linux Against Poverty 2010
Sorry for a top post but we're getting to crunch time and this needs
taken care of.

We have a truck donated for the entire weekend of LAP but we need a
driver. Because of a restriction on my DL I cannot operate anything
over a 1/2 ton pickup or I would do it myself again this year. There
are some specific pre-arrangements that the driver will need to make
and I will go with them to do it.

This is a one ton truck with a 15 foot box on the back. The person
driving will need to go with me to Lakeway this coming week by Wed.
and fill out some paper work and present their personal insurance card
for their private vehicle. The donor takes care of the full
coverage...the driver just needs to provide proof personal liability
insurance.

We will need to go to Lakeway on the morning of the event, load the
pre-donated computers from there and take them to Union Park. Skip
and I will pre-arrange everything beforehand. The driver will need to
drive the truck back to Lakeway where we will unload the computers and
equipment. It will be a long day but we should have lots of help

Post here if you are able to drive for us.

Roy Hall

Jun 12, 2010, 12:22:44 PM6/12/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
I can't make an promises yet of if I'll even be able to get this
wednesday free from work. But I'll see what I can do. Other wise I'll
vonteer for truck duty, unless someone knowns they can have wednesday
free.

--
Sent from my mobile device

RW

Jun 12, 2010, 12:34:36 PM6/12/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Ken, I would be willing to drive the truck if thats alright with you. Ya
know I already drive a 1 ton truck anyway, so it shouldn't be a big
deal. I've also worked for a couple companies in the past where I drove
stake body and box trucks as well.

- RW

helios

Jun 13, 2010, 8:41:51 AM6/13/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Roy thanks a bunch...Ron if you can meet me Wed PM, we can go out to Lakeway and take care of the paperwork.  Let me know...it should be sometime after 1 PM.

Ken
--
A child's exposure to technology should never be predicated on an ability to pay for it.