Researching Blackout Dates around Twiistup?

Amanda Abelove

Jan 7, 2009, 8:27:29 PM1/7/09
to laorga...@googlegroups.com, Barc...@googlegroups.com, agil...@meetup.com
Hey-

Scrum Club is being treated to a free awareness night (because we are a user group with a charitable mission)... I'm trying to figure out if there are any blackout dates for either Feb 9 or 10 because that's when the folks behind it are available... They look ok... Twiistup isn't until the 12th and there are only user group meetings, no other fancy events... Would we get smacked by a Twiistup pre-party if we did something that week? I'm looking at Techvenue and Garysguide.... I don't see anything.

Totally clueless here, any advice would help. I'd hate to have them go to a lot of trouble and then have crickets in the audience, you know? It is a different crowd than the startup scene-- more like mid-size companies with significant dev teams...

Amanda

Douglas E. Welch

Jan 7, 2009, 8:53:57 PM1/7/09
to laorga...@googlegroups.com
Upcoming.org doesn't seem to show any conflicts on those dates, nor Facebook events in LA.

Amanda Abelove

Jan 7, 2009, 8:56:08 PM1/7/09
to laorga...@googlegroups.com
When I looked on facebook, it would only show me a month ahead...

boogah

Jan 7, 2009, 8:59:50 PM1/7/09
to laorga...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Amanda Abelove <ama...@scrumclub.org> wrote:
> When I looked on facebook, it would only show me a month ahead...

I invited a few organizers of events that might fall on the dates
above to join this group. It would appear that only one or two of
them have gotten around to that. I'll run a check by firing off an
email and report back if/when I hear anything.

-jason!

Amanda Abelove

Jan 7, 2009, 9:34:51 PM1/7/09
to laorga...@googlegroups.com
You are a total Knight in Shining Armor and I owe you lunch.

Jason Cosper

Jan 8, 2009, 1:52:46 AM1/8/09
to laorga...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 7, 2009, at 6:34 PM, Amanda Abelove wrote:
> You are a total Knight in Shining Armor and I owe you lunch.

So far I've heard back from one person. Apparently there's a Rubicon
Project mixer on the 10th - but that's normally for people who work
(or are involved in some way) with Rubicon. Because it's sort of a
different crowd, there really wouldn't be much overlap there.

As more info comes in, I'll pass it along.

-jason.

Amanda Abelove

Jan 8, 2009, 2:15:26 AM1/8/09
to laorga...@googlegroups.com
Yay! Completely different crowd.  Hope springs eternal.

Amanda Abelove

Jan 8, 2009, 2:33:41 AM1/8/09
to laorga...@googlegroups.com
Apparently as long as I stay away from January 10 I'm ok.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=46298582454