Organizer Tip 002 - Minutes and notes

Douglas E. Welch

Jan 11, 2009, 1:20:38 PM1/11/09
to laorga...@googlegroups.com
Today I found out that I wasn't going to be able to attend the LA Wordpress User Group as I had planned. A commitment hadn't made it onto the calendar. Darn! Of course, this led me to today's tip -- Minutes and Notes.

I must admit, I am bad about this myself, but I think in the future I am going to make a concerted effort to capture some of the information that gets discussed at my meetings and events so that others can make use of it. This information might include useful URLs, pointers to interesting articles or even calls for assistance from other members. While I have no illusions of producing anything like actual meeting "minutes" I think it is worthwhile to capture the best of the content created at your meetings so you can share that with others.

Items like this become perfect fodder for regular blog posts. These can then we indexed by Goggle and other search engines so that even more people can "stumble across" your group.

Thank about how you can take some of the energy of your meetings and share it, online, with those who could not attend.

Douglas